Skillup's Review of CoO

The3rdWalker

Nice to see someone telling it how it is. He may lose his future event invites like many others who criticised Bungie publically in the past but it must hit home either in the studio or at Activision that the brand is in utter disarray for a multitude of reasons and a lot of people have had enough.  It's usually publishers that fuck up AAA games like this, especially Activision but in this instance Bungie have had the budget, they've had the timeframe and they have the software to create a generation-defining product. They have not done that and what they've chrurned out is painfully appalling with the resources available. 

The content lockout and XP scaling saga just added insult to injury from Bungie and I question whether they deseve the right to make another game after this terrible effort. 

I have had issues with the way D2 was implemented from day one.  Maybe I played it wrong, maybe I didn't do the right thing, but the whole game seemed to be

1) Complete missions - hit skill wall

2) Grind public events.  (usually the walker one on titan)

3) Continue missions - hit skill wall

4) Grind public event.

5) Complete story.

6) Grind public event.

7) Complete Raid.

I haven't got any particular desire to get any gun or armour.  I couldn't tell you the name of any single piece of gear I'm using, because I just don't care, I'll get another thing 1 point higher and it will go.  The DLC story started out really well, but lost its way and fizzled out a bit. 

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

Watched over half so far. Agreed with it too.

I just get extremely disappointed when I keep hearing this stuff. I still think it has its place but not everyday anymore. Maybe that's what it should become - a game you play each week but 1/2 nights per week.

That would get blown out of the water though if there was a standout MP coming out.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

5 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

It was in many bargain bins on Black Friday too. Seems like retailers can't even give it away and that they may have over-ordered their stock.