HZD The Frozen Wild

This is going to be the first and last DLC for HZD. Guerilla Games have tweeted that they won't be making any other DLC's for the game.

"The Frozen Wilds contains additional content for Horizon Zero Dawn, including new storylines, characters and experiences in a beautiful but unforgiving new area."

It's mad that a game that took the best part of 7 years to make and another 12 months for a DLC, will be left the way as it stands. I suppose some great games need to be left alone?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

19 hours ago, Bluebear said:

That's a shame, I would have loved to find out what was past the West borders what with all the snippets and text logs of what there was out there.

Via the FG App

My best guess is that will probably come if they make the sequel they left things open to at the end.

I just finished it on Sunday after a hugely long break, so I'm pumped for a bit more to play besides getting the last of the datapoints and starting New Game+.

I played most of the DLC all weekend and it's great.

The machines in this area have a different type of corruption which gives them a level of difficulty. There are more of these corrupted machine than there are regular old machines, so it's not an area to venture into lightly. There's also a totally new machine that a bit of bastard imo. There's been a couple times where I've been in a position where, for some reason, the machines aren't able to approach any further for melee attacks. I took down three Bellowbacks pretty easily by just standing behind a knee-high rock slightly down the road from them. It may have just been that I was just outside of their area, but not far enough away for them to wander back, but something similar happened with a Stalker as well.

There's also a few new weapons and outfits to get here as well. The ones you can buy require an additional type of currency exclusive to the Banuk that you have to hunt down as one of the collectible types. Fortunately it's something that you buy the map markers for. I've bought two outfits so far, but only have used one a few times; the Banuk snowsuit. 
Switching between outfits from the base game is fast and there's basically no load time, but with the snow suit I've found that there's a few second delay in loading. Not a big deal, but noticeable. 

The landscape, as expected, is damn beautiful. It's made me want to visit Yellowstone now, though the amount of visitors there is having an adverse effect on the environment, if I recall correctly. I think my parents are going there in the next couple months, so I'm a bit envious of them. Also mountains. I love mountains and we should probably just move out west.

Probably once I finish the DLC I'll probably start a New Game+.

Anyways, I'm leaving work, so that's all you get.

1 hour ago, Rumelylady said:

I played most of the DLC all weekend and it's great.

The machines in this area have a different type of corruption which gives them a level of difficulty. There are more of these corrupted machine than there are regular old machines, so it's not an area to venture into lightly. There's also a totally new machine that a bit of bastard imo. There's been a couple times where I've been in a position where, for some reason, the machines aren't able to approach any further for melee attacks. I took down three Bellowbacks pretty easily by just standing behind a knee-high rock slightly down the road from them. It may have just been that I was just outside of their area, but not far enough away for them to wander back, but something similar happened with a Stalker as well.

There's also a few new weapons and outfits to get here as well. The ones you can buy require an additional type of currency exclusive to the Banuk that you have to hunt down as one of the collectible types. Fortunately it's something that you buy the map markers for. I've bought two outfits so far, but only have used one a few times; the Banuk snowsuit. 
Switching between outfits from the base game is fast and there's basically no load time, but with the snow suit I've found that there's a few second delay in loading. Not a big deal, but noticeable. 

The landscape, as expected, is damn beautiful. It's made me want to visit Yellowstone now, though the amount of visitors there is having an adverse effect on the environment, if I recall correctly. I think my parents are going there in the next couple months, so I'm a bit envious of them. Also mountains. I love mountains and we should probably just move out west.

Probably once I finish the DLC I'll probably start a New Game+.

Anyways, I'm leaving work, so that's all you get.

That's a great review Sarah, you make me want to go back to it after reading that.

How many hours have you played so far btw?

15 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

That's a great review Sarah, you make me want to go back to it after reading that.

How many hours have you played so far btw?

About 95 hours. I'm really good at milking games lol.

About 95 hours. I'm really good at milking games lol.

Wowser. Nice work! Good to know though as it sounds great value for money.

Also, your reference made me think of the below, sorry!

109405115413419c66dfc754f2bafc61.jpg