GTA V PC

J4MES OX4D

Game has been delayed until March 24th :( 

Specs have been announced though

Minimum specifications:

• OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)
  • Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
  • Memory: 4GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
  • Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
  • HDD Space: 65GB
  • DVD Drive

Recommended specifications:

• OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
  • Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)
  • Memory: 8GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB
  • Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
  • HDD Space: 65GB
  • DVD Drive

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, as of today, it's been delayed until March...

I said that in the first line Joe :lol:  ;)

Phil will be peeved as he was much looking forward to it this month! I have it for the PS4 so my cravings can be satisfied whenever but I am a bit gutted to see the game being held back for a couple more months :(

My Xbox 360 copy I am holding onto for sentimental value and I hope one day it will appear in a retro gaming museum B)

I didn't even see that. :( I blame it on the bold, enlarged, highlighted text. It glazed me over :lol:

I'm excited for this though. I'm not a big fan of the series but V is great and I'd like to play it FPS at full 1080P on PC!

Plus the modding scene is going to be insane! A few of the key modders are planning some huge add-ons in terms of cars, new cities, new characters and even new campaigns. I just hope R* have done the honorable thing and made the SDK available to them already else we'll be waiting bloody ages. The MP should be a good laugh too with Heists still on the horizon...

Plus the modding scene is going to be insane! A few of the key modders are planning some huge add-ons in terms of cars, new cities, new characters and even new campaigns. I just hope R* have done the honorable thing and made the SDK available to them already else we'll be waiting bloody ages. The MP should be a good laugh too with Heists still on the horizon...

I want to get it on PC for the FPS mode and the modding community.  I'm not a big GTA fan, but I think that these two factors will make it very interesting.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

I want to get it on PC for the FPS mode and the modding community.  I'm not a big GTA fan, but I think that these two factors will make it very interesting.  

I've played FPS mode on the PS4 and it's very well implemented on foot but the driving mechanics are a bit cumbersome but it's nothing that can't be tweaked on PC within the first week. I expect a mod will be released to enhance the vehicle physics authenticity so it feels more like a simulator when driving. On the PS4; the driving feels really loose and is extremely difficult to control. You can alter the sensitivity but this also affects the player movement at the same time so it's pretty unworkable. I think you'll really enjoy it Tommy even if you aren't a massive GTA fan. I've finished the story on the 360 and PS4 versions and in all honesty am pretty burnt out on the base game but I'm really looking forward to the mods and it'll feel like an entirely new experience in time. 

I've played FPS mode on the PS4 and it's very well implemented on foot but the driving mechanics are a bit cumbersome but it's nothing that can't be tweaked on PC within the first week. I expect a mod will be released to enhance the vehicle physics authenticity so it feels more like a simulator when driving. On the PS4; the driving feels really loose and is extremely difficult to control. You can alter the sensitivity but this also affects the player movement at the same time so it's pretty unworkable. I think you'll really enjoy it Tommy even if you aren't a massive GTA fan. I've finished the story on the 360 and PS4 versions and in all honesty am pretty burnt out on the base game but I'm really looking forward to the mods and it'll feel like an entirely new experience in time. 

I had the game for 360 and sold it.  I just can't get into GTA stories.  It's nothing more than a sandbox F' around game to me.  I can't take it seriously.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

I'm kind of glad they delayed it. It was half-expected when a promised announcement didn't happen christmas week.

This means in my new 2015 positive frame of mind* the released game will be their best ever PC  port. That's not saying much of course.

But yeah, 65gb is incredible, I'll still find some space on my SSD somehow...

Story-wise I agree GTAV is a bit all over the place, Rockstar likes to pretend to be satirical but it's pretty tired and cliched stuff when it's not consistent.

*i jest :lol:

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I've only played 6 hours so far but I like it a lot. I completed on the 360 but I'm redoing the story just to play in first person. It looks and plays fucking great and my little old 770 does itself proud.

Glad to hear it Phil! I'm gonna get shot of my PS4 version and get it on PC soon to join the fun. Rockstar seems to be addressing the key issues early which is great to see. 

Glad to hear it Phil! I'm gonna get shot of my PS4 version and get it on PC soon to join the fun. Rockstar seems to be addressing the key issues early which is great to see. 

There's a couple of niggles like the autoloading from the title screen but Rockstar did a patch yesterday and I'm already thinking of buying a bigger monitor just to enjoy the view.

I tried online for the first time last night. Fucking epic. I transferred my character over from the xbox360 (though I only made it to level 11 before I sold that version of the game).

Either a player was coming to save his game or camping the safehouse but when I exited the building some guy came running up to me. I didn't stop to think, scrolled to my uzi and sent him to valhalla :lol:

My car didn't transfer over to my garage so I looked around and found a nice motorbike. I then travelled around the map trolling the other players (they all seemed to be death matching each other constantly).

I was eventually taken out by an RPG :D

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Aha, you do have a GTA V thread on here!

I'm always up for finding more people in-game (I'm such a loner...)

I'm SupernautBB on R* Social Club. I'm also level 129 because I've had it on Xbox360 since release, then just transferred my character. Having a minigun online is troll-tastic.  :D