Final Fantasy 7 Remake - Confirmed

Noise is starting to rise around E3 about a full HD remake for PS4. Potentially in 2017. Hopefully will be annouced in Sony's show later today or the Square Enix show.

If that's the case, its the one game i was personally hoping to be confirmed.

I hope not. 

I had read once that Yoshinori Kitase had said that remaking it would be a sign that they had no new ideas, no new stories to tell.

Not to mention, would they jack with the Turn based combat system it had? I suspect they would, and that would break the game IMO

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I hope not.

I had read once that Yoshinori Kitase had said that remaking it would be a sign that they had no new ideas, no new stories to tell.

Not to mention, would they jack with the Turn based combat system it had? I suspect they would, and that would break the game IMO

I get the concern as I share it too. Remaking any game that has a fantastic legacy can spoil even the original.

However, many of the FF games after 8 weren't great in my opinion as the simplicity and gripping story of 7 couldn't be replicated.

If it's anywhere near the original I'll be stoked. Just don't want to wait until 2017, but it looks likely for the 20th anniversary.

Best reaction so far

O8Aipqd.jpg

oh man, i can't stop laughing, I had forgotten about this part

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

FF7 was such a memorable game and definitely in my top 10 fave PS1 games. I've really lost touch with the series since the PS2 iterations though and for the life of me I don't know what number they're on now. I saw one advertised that was like 'Final Fantastic XVI-2.5' or something, which just confused the hell out of me. I think a remake would be highly welcomed though especially on such an old but vintage title. 

I think that was the MMO

I really stopped around 12 (I think it was 12, the one with the Dominatrix Bunny)

Played the recent XIII trilogy, FFIV and got a beta code for FFXV. So words cannot express how much i am looking forward to this. I hope they go back to turn based combat. The live combat versions leave a fair bit to be desired imo

I think that was the MMO

I really stopped around 12 (I think it was 12, the one with the Dominatrix Bunny)

I pretty much stopped around then too and not because I couldn't understand the roman numerals :ph34r:

Played the recent XIII trilogy, FFIV and got a beta code for FFXV. So words cannot express how much i am looking forward to this. I hope they go back to turn based combat. The live combat versions leave a fair bit to be desired imo

Oh blimey; I didn't realise they had real time combat in the latest ones - I prefer turn-based for this type of game as there is greater strategy in the stats, items and powers.

Exactly, I hate to say it, but if they swap the combat system, it will almost be a deal breaker for me.

almost......

Look okay, I just want to see the following scenes in HD:

FFVII-MidgarZolom_Death.jpg

Wall_VII_04.jpg

Bart, you forced me to do to this.

When I seen that Aeris pic, it gave me a feeling to share this; a clip out of the FF7 Advent Children movie. It's better in english but you'll just have to trust me [emoji6]

From 7 minutes in... LIMIT BREAK!

Such a great nostalgic feeling watching that [emoji7]

I really hope they keep the Turn based combat system. If they the shit they did in 13, I will be pissed. That was by far the worst combat system ever.

If I want to play FFVII, then I'll bust out my PS1, this is sacrilege. To make a music analogy, this is Steve Vai rerecording Electric Ladyland.

Part of what made FF7 so magnificent was the context in which it was released. At the time, I had never played anything so grand in my life. You can't just spruce it up to the current standard and expect it to have the same impact IMO.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

I sort of agree.

I am cool with updating the graphics and all, but the combat system was what made that game what it was.

Hell, you spend more than 75% of your time IN COMBAT it doesn't need to be dicked with

Square enix have moved deveopment 'in house' now away from the external suppliers.

Its pretty obvious its way behind schedule and not the right quality is coming out. At this rate we probably won't see it for another 3 years.....if at all.

Are they still doing the Episodic crap?

Side Note: I don't under stand why they didn't just redo the graphics, and call it a day. Personally, as much as I enjoyed the latest FF, I don't want that when I replay FF7