This place is on life support

JsinOwl

Mike, the LIKE BUTTON was deleted on purpose. Trying to have more conversations rather than just liking what someone has posted.

Also, I have logged out and logged back in but it seems certain avatars and certain pictures are not loading at all. I assume this is to the switch over. I hope that gets fixed, as it's pretty annoying.

Ok, progress is being made. First off, the guys at Vidahost are awesome. Seriously impressed, 10/10, would recommend. 

We've now got Gzip enabled which should make things a bit faster on the browser end too. I'm still workin on some other bits and pieces as are Vidahost, mainly to get the things Kyle mentioned working correctly and to make the place faster. 

For reference, with Google Pagespeed we were clocking in at 58/100 last night, today we are on 73/100. I want to go much higher but these things take time as I'm a noob. 

Stand by folks, we're getting there!

banlol.png

Guys there is TONS of stuff going on in the background, please bear with us, we're working on it. 

Also, don't post anything which is long and you won't repeat as the odds of it staying are about 50/50 at this point.

banlol.png

You'll get it sorted bud, don't try to do too much at once and burn yourself out on it too quickly. Ditching the "like" button & shout box as well as getting the site back to being fast (which is is 300% faster for me now the past day) that's big accomplishments right there and a huge step in the right direction. You'll get the rest sorted soon enough, no hurry we are patient.

Yeah, lots of weird shit going on. It's starting to look like I might need to backup our content and reinstall the software. Clearly moving from Nginx to Apache is messing with it.

I'm having a night in with Kyla tonight after a hectic day at work. I suspect next time I'll be able to tinker again will be Monday night, so stay tuned and please be patient guys.

banlol.png