Assassin's Creed - Codename Red

Just making sure we have this captured somewhere as it'll be their next title in the series after Mirage. Clearly going to Japan, as a potential Shinobi - something I don't believe they have done before so seems like a great idea if you ask me. When they did Pirates in Black Flag, it really worked due to the completely work away from the usual pattern of stealthy medievel people you played. Similar to Origins in Egypt but I haven't played that one, just heard good things from FGers.

Not much more detail I can find just yet, or even a date when its likely to hit us.

Forum Signature Test.png

I used to enjoy the series but after playing Ghost of Tsushima I found it difficult to go back to Valhalla (it was an incredibly different paced game). I don't know where I read it but I think I read somewhere that they plan to return to their roots a little and move away from the rpgness of the modern games (which I thought was a good move personally). So I imagine this AC could be a fair bit different to the last couple of games.

Luseth.png

I love how Ubisoft are so shit and out of ideas they have to name about 7 games of the same series just to make up for all the ones they've cancelled🤣

They'll probably announced the next 3 Far Cry games in December at this rate! The way I see Ubisoft; if you're going to play it safe with your usual gameplay template and recycling of old shit, I wont buy your games. 10 years ago, they showed so much ambition with Watch Dogs, The Division and The Crew and now they are just farming out the same old tried and tested games whilst what's left of their original line-up is canned entirely. 

Valhalla literally destroyed any remaining interest I had in this series.  The game was just too long and so repetitive that I said "oh hell no" to all the dlc for it.  If I go back to an AC game, I think I'll just replay 2 or Origins, mbut I don't see that happening anytime soon.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*