CD Storage Solutions

Spacedeck

I'm trying to find a solution to lack of space but which also allows me to still purchase physical games / movies.  My intention is to have a portable storage case or something like that, which will house and not damage the discs.  I'd also need a solution for the games manuals and case covers, although I could just do as you see them doing in CEX and use an elastic bands and just store them in a box, this gets rid of the bulky cases and I'd fit much more in a box this way.  I don't know if there's an all in one solution for both of these, but if there was, I'd love to see it.

I'm torn on if I should get one big case to house everything, or smaller cases to separate each consoles discs.

So what do you guys do? Any brands, cases or anything you can recommend?

Hmmm, storage is really a personal thing so it depends on the aesthetic you want to end up at the end too. Saving space wise, are we talking getting rid of the cases @Spacedeck ? If so, I think you start off with the hard case storage options like below off Amazon. Stores 96 DVDs/CDs and you can choose nice vibrant colours to separate perhaps games from different consoles, etc.

CD Hard Case - Multiple Colours at £11.99 from Amazon

If you have something like this then its just finding some nice cabinets to either show them off or not as the case may be. Do you want to show you have them or is just storing them the main thing? The manuals could follow a similar design if you want with this colourful file organiser. Would easily fit a ton of manual in it.

File Organiser at £11.92 from Amazon

Personally, I think you could go for a mix and match approach if most have to be in storage due to space, I think a cool feature is to have 'featured games' out on display. On Etsy, you can find people making multiple designs where it will hold a cartridge or game on show and this could be something that you can interchange over time. Personally this is why i keep game cases and I'm looking into making bespoke ones for games that I don't keep the cardboard boxes for (Gameboy, Game Gear, N64, etc), although they need more space which may not help you in this regard. An example is below (there's more from the UK with cheaper delivery)

il_570xN.2667686437_gmm4.jpg
WWW.ETSY.COM

This Display Cases & Cabinets item by CollectorMount has 1077 favorites from Etsy shoppers. Ships from United States. Listed on 31 Aug, 2022

Pictures of each below:

image.png image.png image.png

Gives us more details on what matters to you and maybe we can bounce some ideas around that's nearer to your interests.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Well I've sorted my PS3 and X360 games to much smaller storage.  I still wanted the physical aspect, so was especially careful to not have to get rid of anything.  Solution is these two great cases, 96 spaces each, so still some room to buy some more games if I want to.

IMG_20220909_071818.thumb.jpg.24054d34e77285c4479583eee5899d42.jpg

I wanted to make sure I wasn't throwing away the actual manuals or covers of any of the games, I most likely won't sell in the future but should I ever have a gem which could be worth anything later on, I just need to obtain another empty case to restore it back to how it originally was.  So I bought some storage boxes to help keep them in one place.

IMG_20220909_071543.thumb.jpg.579afedde69f74749ae3edd5eca64eca.jpg

I feel I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  Definitely freed up a lot of space the cases were taking up.