Gamescom 2022

Major public event going on right now across 4 days or so - one of the first in-person showcases since Covid and interest seems so minimal. Considering this is the PS5/Series X era, you'd expect projects aplenty and huge intrigue yet all we seem to be getting is free updates, DLC, space games galore and the same titles we've known for almost 18 months being promoted still. 

There really isn't much on the horizon to be excited about in the gaming landscape it seems. A couple of big names like God of War and then others that have style but questionable substance like Forspoken. It's just staggering to see interest so flat and a really mediocre line-up. Maybe there will be a few sleeper hits but other than that, we may be 4 years away from anything truly next gen and original. 

The Matrix tech demo from last year is about as good as it's gotten of late. 

I'm glad I have a big back catalogue 😁

These summer months it's been too hot to switch the PC on but there's nothing new to entice me anyway.

Starfield and S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 are 2023 releases and nothing else grabs my attention.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

We talked a bit about it today for the next Dice to Pixels episode.  I've got my eyes on quite a few games that were shown there, but I'm also annoyed with cinematic trailers that show NO GAMEPLAY!!  Looking at you Atlas Fallen.  🤬

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*