Lords of the Fallen

Jason

Really not an encouraging start if gamers can’t tell whether it’s a remaster or brand new game.

The original for me is the worst souls-like ever created with clunky controls, floaty mechanics, cumbersome movement and the most dissatisfying combat I have ever seen in a third person melee game. 

I’m actually shocked this brand is still seeing the light. It did look nice visually but even the boss fights were lame with scripted windows of opportunity to win fights rather than dynamic battles. 

When developers don’t have a fundamental grasp of the title they are trying to rip-off, it really shows and this game was a devastating example.

16 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Really not an encouraging start if gamers can’t tell whether it’s a remaster or brand new game.

The original for me is the worst souls-like ever created with clunky controls, floaty mechanics, cumbersome movement and the most dissatisfying combat I have ever seen in a third person melee game. 

I’m actually shocked this brand is still seeing the light. It did look nice visually but even the boss fights were lame with scripted windows of opportunity to win fights rather than dynamic battles. 

When developers don’t have a fundamental grasp of the title they are trying to rip-off, it really shows and this game was a devastating example.

So this is related then? I never played the “original” or whatever. Couldn’t be bothered to look into it. Lol

Just thought the cinematic was cool. Haha

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

7 hours ago, Jason said:

So this is related then? I never played the “original” or whatever. Couldn’t be bothered to look into it. Lol

Just thought the cinematic was cool. Haha

From what I gather after digging a bit deeper, this is basically a reboot. Really not sure why they are doing this because it never went down as a good or popular game but it may be their chance to correct all the wrongs in which there were plenty of. They definitely have a good grasp on the artistic side but the gameplay aspect was abominable. Also very risky retaining the same name to a game which isn't even a decade old however it could overwrite all of that if this version is better. 

Some gameplay footage came out a couple of weeks back 

It looks decent but I will never understand why they are naming it after very poorly received souls-like that wasn't even made by them or has anything to do with the original. That's caused so much confusion for a very long time and will likely act as a deterrent for many oblivious gamers long after the game has released. So it's not a remake, nor is it a reboot it seems. The first game is still not even a decade old as it stands but both games are shared by the same publisher so perhaps maybe they want to wipe the existence of the original and have another crack. The amount of confusion this has caused has not gone down well though but it does look better and is out in a month's time. 

I'm not sure what to think of it still. On current video looks it seems okay, maybe a little dated in spots, but gameplay could be highly rewarding if you enjoy Dark Souls, Blodborne, Elden Ring, etc. I don't think i'd pay full price on it unless someone here bought it and geniunely felt it was worth the price.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb