Awesome movie scenes

Drifter

I'm on my phone so can't find a clip to go with these but when I think of my favourite scenes the two that spring to mind are:

Shawshank Redemption - the scene where Andy is not in his cell.

The Usual Suspects - where he lives the police station.

The scene from The Iron Giant where the Iron Giant sacrices himself to destroy a launched nuke, thereby saving the entire state of Alaska and the military who tried to kill it, all because thats what Superman would do.

/crie evrytiem

DM9ON.png

Last Man Standing.  I can't find a clip of it, but Cpt. Pickett's speech.

Capt. Tom Pickett: Things in this town are out of control. Two gangs is just one too many. I'm not an idealist. I know a lot of things that people do are awful low, but that's between them and God. Do you believe in God? I believe in God, son. But what I'm concerned with is keeping a lid on things, and what we got here in Jericho is just way out of hand, and Sheriff Galt, here, can't do much about it, right? Matter of fact, it might be fair to say that he's part of the problem, right? Now you been going back and forth, playing both sides according to Mr. Galt, here, making yourself a lot of money out of all this. Well, it's over, son. I'm coming back here in ten days, and I'm gonna bring about twenty rangers with me. I will tolerate *one* gang, because that is the nature of things. A certain amount of corruption is inevitable. But if I find *two* gangs here when I get back, then in a couple of hours there will be *no* gangs here. So it's simple. One gang quits and goes home. You boys work it out. I don't give a damn which one.

John Smith: Just so long as one side leaves, or maybe one side loses.

Capt. Tom Pickett: That's fine, too, son. Kill as many as you want. Just don't kill no innocent people around here. I wouldn't like that.

1984 - Terminator

Dr. Silberman: Why didn't you bring any weapons, something more advanced? Don't you have, uh... ray guns? Show me a piece of future technology.

Detective Vukovich: [chuckling] Ray guns?

Kyle Reese: You go naked. Something about the field generated by a living organism. Nothing dead will go.

Dr. Silberman: Why?

Kyle Reese: I didn't build the fucking thing!

Dr. Silberman: Okay, okay. But this cyborg, if it's metal...

Kyle Reese: Surrounded by living tissue!

Dr. Silberman: Oh, right, right.

Dr. Silberman: [He shuts off the VCR screen on which the police and Sarah have been watching the interview] This is great stuff. I could make a career out of this guy! You see how clever his part is? How it doesn't require a shred of proof? Most paranoid delusions are intricate, but this is brilliant!

Dr. Silberman: Why were the other two women killed?

Kyle Reese: Most of the records were lost in the war. Skynet knew almost nothing about Connor's mother. Her full name, where she lived. They just knew the city. The Terminator was just being systematic.

Dr. Silberman: Uh-huh. Well, let's go back to what I was...

Kyle Reese: [interrupts] Look! You have heard enough! I have answered your questions! Now, I have to see Sarah Connor!

Dr. Silberman: I'm afraid that's not up to me.

Kyle Reese: Then why am I talking to you? Who is in authority here?

Dr. Silberman: Please, I...

Kyle Reese: [interrupts again] Shut up!

[He looks into the camera]

Kyle Reese: You still don't get it, do you? He'll find her! That's what he does! That's ALL he does! You can't stop him! He'll wade through you, reach down her throat and pull her fuckin' heart out!

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg