Silencer/Supressor

J4MES OX4D

This is definitely the one attachment that 95% of people use on PC.  For me, it is pure gold.  I do miss hearing the refreshed weapon sounds in all their glory but it is worth the sacrifice for the stealth factor.  I don't think the suppressor affects the gun performance too much regardless of what the stats say and as this game is driven more by sounds than any other COD I've played; firing at full-rate can really draw attention to you even from a reasonable distance.

Does anyone on here not use the silence on all their weapons that are applicable and how many proportionally opt for the attachment on the consoles as a whole?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I use it in TDM but not objective modes like Dom. I'm frequently capping flags so that gives away my position anyway, might as well use other attachments.

The number of people using silencers doesn't seem unusually large, same as other CoDs as far as I can tell.

I use it on my LMG class, AR classes and SMG classes. Not for snipers unless it's the one that comes with the silencer.

This with dead silence, scavenger, awereness and off the grid on 99% of my classes.

I love it, I've been running a silencer on pretty much all my guns since MW2 though.

I never use it on my LSAT or MSBS...but I have it for my K7, and honey badger. I want to silence my sniper class but only after the chrome barrel challenge.

For long range maps my MSBS and LSAT tear people up because the majority of cod players use suppressors on long range maps (lol). Then I have my silenced weapons for close range maps.