IED's = Idiotic Exectution Dumbassery

J4MES OX4D

I hate these bloody things! Even in Cranked I casually dart over one and still get blown up yet if I equip the lethal; I can't get a kill for love nor money.  Am I missing something or is there some cunning way to avoid them once they arm?  I've tried jumping and sprinting over them but I always end up getting exploded in typical fashion. 

They are an absolute pain in the arse if even a couple of the opposition roll with them especially on tighter maps like Freight, Strikezone and Tremor particularly in the camping hotspots.  

Do they arm based on radius or if you step on one direct?  Is there a perk that can counter also? Thanks!

Sit rep or blast shield would counter them

They are a pain as they are quite hard to notice in all the general mess of the maps. At least claymores have red lasers and are directional. And Betties are easy to duck. These IEDs are a pain but can be countered if you want to give up another perk

They arm based on proximity. Even with agility if you hear the beeping and then sprint, it'll blow you up. Best way to avoid blast is to just move backwards once you hear it and you should be out of harms way (assuming you didn't sprint into the kill area)

The only perk that I know of that would help is sitrep which would show the IED flashing yellow. I don't know if blast shield would protect you, but I would hope so for a 2 point perk

I started using them when I got sick of being killed by them they do get quite a few kills, I leave them near Dom flags or in kc sometimes if I know someomes seem me I drop one as I retreat as a nice surprise for them chasing me down.

Hate them. And really only use lethals on 1 class I think. I have managed to survive by just backing up as soon as I've heard the beeping, but it can be very difficult in full sprint... I have pretty much used the same perk setup since MW2 so not gonna give any of them up for sitrep which I always found to be a waste in most gamemodes since MW2 to Ghosts... Specially with running Stalker Pro in MW3 I never needed it.