Mike's PC

Diddums

Somehow I doubt that's the problem since his PS3 would behave the same (assuming the same HDMI port is being used)

It is known to happen though, and at this point I'm just trying to eliminate the most obvious things first.

banlol.png

This is my TV (32in), and it doesn't have 'game mode'. I tried to change my settings around the first night I saw lag on LoL and didn't see anything for it. I played a video on YouTube on 1080p and it worked just fine.

I took that SATA cable for the newer DVD drive out, it was just chillin' in my computer not plugged into anything and it was bothering me.

I pushed some more plugs in to see if anything was lose and it's still the same way if I try one of these laggy games.

tumblr_m2ienvKRMM1qfbvj1.gif

Ok, does the lag only happen when you move around, or cinematics and whatnot too? I'm starting to wonder if it's perhaps input lag from the mouse and keyboard set.

I can clearly see the lag when i'm not doing anything. ESPECIALLY in Metro. I can see the dust lagging.

Fixxored.

Wrong drivers.

Well, that's Mike gone for a while.

Oh, as it happens, I'm at work for a night shift. I also happen to have my rig in the boot of my car.

huehuehue.

Called it http://forevergaming.co.uk/index.php?/topic/62-mikes-pc/?p=3396

Glad you got it fixed for him however :)

That was my initial thought too, but to be honest it's been so long since I've had any driver issues with anything that isn't a WiFi card I automatically assumed that it'd be fine.

Tonight we used Whatsapp to go through some steps and I went all the way back to the basics, turned out it was the most obvious and silly thing.

banlol.png

dammit, my games are lagging again. do I have to uninstall my drivers again? when I was done playing last night I shut my computer down and now it's back to this.

The only other thing that happens is that when I turn my desktop on sometimes the screen never shows up so I have to turn it off and start it up again, but I dont think that would have bothered it would it?

It shouldn't have. Delete the drivers again and see how it goes. If it happens again, it could well be a compatability issue with your telly.

Ok, do you recommend constantly keeping my desktop on? With the screen saver up? To sleep? Or to just shut down whem i'm finished?