Hobbies and collecting

Xethius

What are some of your guy's hobbies and what are you into to collect?

For me I enjoy collecting various things such as flashlights, Ty beanies, and guitars. Some of my hobbies are playing my guitar(electric), playing video games, and being out in nature. Something about being out away from it all...Yeah really can clear your head on a bad day.

Anyway for S&G here's some of my guitars.

10648_554244101305047_1044410492_n.jpg

563444_333291533400306_1474440571_n.jpg

Xaviere XV-610

And Epi LP Standard :)

I wouldn't call them hobbies but in my free time other than my ps3 I like to watch numerous TV shows and films, I'm an avid moto gp / wsbk fan and I've just rekindled my interest in american football.

However my main interest and life outside work friends etc revolve round these.

20100724_001_zps4948e801.jpg

Gazza0367_zps17630cb4.jpg

Ok for me

- Down Hill Skiing, I have 3 pairs of skis to account for conditions (Ottawa has very icy conditions)

- Golfing

- Guitar  (between my son and I we have 8 different guitars, my favorite is the Les Paul Studio sunburst). Guns & Roses are my favority to play when practicing I always end with Paradise city. When they hear that my family knows I am almost done (as do some neighbours :) )

- Video games obviously

- Cooking. I cook at home Mon-Thur, my wife gets the week end

- Traveling. We try to go on a family vacation somewhere exotic every year.

- I put in gardening as well. I dislike it but I put in a lot of time doing it to help my wife with the "heavy lifting"

- Weight lifting. I'm pretty limited these days but I decided to leave it on 

I collect The Nightmare Before Christmas memorabilia. I got lots of stuff ranging from wrapping paper to big talking heads of them.

As for hobbies, I love to bake and cook. The satisfaction of seeing someone enjoy what you have made is something that quite enjoy.

In addition, I love to sing, play guitar, and play video games.

tumblr_m2ienvKRMM1qfbvj1.gif

@drifter, thanks man! Nice bikes techno! Cool to see alot of you guys play guitar! @Pat do you have a preference to guitar sound? I.e les paul to strat? 

I should add that I like weight lifting too, it's really good when you just wanna clear your head or relieve stress

I prefer the Les Paul. However I have a Fender Mustang Guitar amp that allows to do all kinds of sounds and the user community is pretty good so I can get most sounds from the amp anyways. I just like the way the Les Paul feels in my hands. My son seems to prefer the acoustic guitars. He is also a trained classical guitarist and prefers the Yamaha guitars.

I feel like playing the blues I have a pretty good epiphone strat knock off. 

I collect The Nightmare Before Christmas memorabilia.

I just picked these up

FU3657lg.jpgFU3658lg.jpg

They're pretty cool and inexpensive.

I also collect a ton of different things. McFarlane Toy's, NBX things, etc... More so in the past. My collecting has gone from 90% to about 2%. Being a home owner sucks! :lol: My mom made fun of me the other day for having a sticker book. I take stickers from anything/anywhere and stick them in it. I'm in love with the idea of having a sticker collection.

Hobbies: Softball in the spring, guitar, electronics, computers, gaming, cooking & eating, trying to save money :lol:.

On the guitar feel I also prefer a Gibson Les Paul. I'm not sure why it's just so comfortable. I play a Fender Squire Stratocaster mostly but have a Gibson SG Special, Jackson King V, etc... in the closet.

O and sick bikes techno! My mom's got a garaged '74 Suizuki GT 250 I want to get up and running. Some day...

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

Wanted to start a thread like this for so long but then I forgot about it. I also play guitar (as most of you probably know)...

I collect all kinds of stuff with a historical value, replicas, props, coins, WWII militaria (both allies and axis)... Some of the stuff may be a bit controversial. You tell me if you want to see it or not.

You know, swastikas and stuff.

What he said^

I had a mate who was obsessed with nazi shit. He collected everything he could get his hands on. He also read every book, website, watched every film, etc etc. Loveliest guy under the sun, he was just amazed at how Hitler managed to achieve so much.

As for me? Well, I collect warning points on forums.

banlol.png

What he said^

I had a mate who was obsessed with nazi shit. He collected everything he could get his hands on. He also read every book, website, watched every film, etc etc. Loveliest guy under the sun, he was just amazed at how Hitler managed to achieve so much.

As for me? Well, I collect warning points on forums.

That description could have been about me two years ago. I still have a huge interest in the third reich but I have never had any sympathy for nazis.

Continuation:

1944 Lucky Strikes

11_zps3cf85fc0.jpg

10_zps6def6be8.jpg

U.S. D-Day paratrooper "clicker-clacker"

20131107_221526_zps25ffb2df.jpg

20131107_221547_zps4aef06a0.jpg

German Heer field canteen, from Battle of the Bulge in the Ardennes, Belgium

1_zps3e89c6a0.jpg

5_zpsea5648fe.jpg

3_zps9a8276a2.jpg

4_zps4246d036.jpg

2_zpsa424b028.jpg

German soldier dog tag with battle damage, from Battle of the Bulge in the Ardennes, Belgium

20131107_221440_zps55be7e07.jpg

20131107_221453_zps28e8aec4.jpg

STG-44 (sturmgewehr) replica with wear and stamps (zib-militaria.de is the website, best WWII replicas)

2013-11-07_222808_zps94d4a2f1.jpg