Important Poll, Read this!

Sennex

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I did get the meaning. My reply was a joke, as I have ZERO inventory. I just wanted to know so I could see who is all on the server and could have done it.

The problem is that someone would do it in the first place. Shouldnt have to go through things like this to keep things safe.

I did get the meaning. My reply was a joke, as I have ZERO inventory. I just wanted to know so I could see who is all on the server and could have done it.

The problem is that someone would do it in the first place. Shouldnt have to go through things like this to keep things safe.

I didnt see the joke there, sorry man, still upset by this whole thing.

that being said, I show you having 8 things in your inventory, so thats odd, and points to another issue in my viewing the .dat file

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Hell I'd get lost if I ventured too far away from my place, lol.  

This sucks.  I'm going to go ahead and change my vote to a Yes.  I support a reset/rollback to prevent this bullshit.  I was going to play tonight, but I have no motivation to play now.  I'd be PISSED if someone did that to me.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

I understand where you guys are coming from. I really do.

Lets see how the poll ends, and then go from there. 

Revisit this thread, and let me know how you feel.

http://forevergaming.co.uk/index.php/topic/422-state-of-the-fg-mc-server-2-updated-3/

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Sorry i'm not a MC person and i don't get most the stuff you talk about but want to understand. So you can just go into each others houses and take their stuff? Is there a way to lock your chest or do you have to rely on people not to be dicks?

Sorry again but i'm tres n00bish at this stuff but would like to play eventually when i get my computer sorted which will hopefully be next month :D

I seriously just have a house inside of a mountain, not found any diamonds and the chants that Bart gave me are just about to die anyway. So I don't need nuffink.

I know the other lads have quite a bit of work done but they're wizards at this game. Jordie was literally a wizard on the last server xD

8mSoOel.png

I didnt see the joke there, sorry man, still upset by this whole thing.

that being said, I show you having 8 things in your inventory, so thats odd, and points to another issue in my viewing the .dat file

Wow, I can see why its so difficult then.

Im happy either way tbh. I can see why some people wouldnt want to and why some would.

@Rich - I play this game and im just as lost as you are haha

tomorrow morning, I will start wipe and reset.

Once its done, I will post up here.

the thing to keep in mind here, is that there are a ton of permissions that need to be tested as you guys log in.

With everything being locked down, I will set up an area in the spawn to test this.

I did test everything with my son a few weeks ago, but you just never know. The level of security we are playing with is huge. There will be a ton of /slash commands for you guys to learn and I will do everything I can to create a cheat sheet for you.

The good news though, is without the mysql database being setup on here and used (Which I have to setup and test), all of our builds are "Auto" protected. No one will be able to build in your "Land claim". It's so airtight in fact that they won't even be able to break grass for seeds or anything.

That being said, if you allow others to build in your town, there won't be much I can do until the mySQL database is up and running.

The moral of all this is to ONLY build in your claim. Don't spread out until you can buy a new claim.

That being said, I need to get with Dave to work out a way to get money into the "in game" economy that isn't only from killing monsters.

The thing for me is that even if we rollback, lock things down, and start building again... isn't it all just going to be for nothing?  Because once 1.7.2 is up to date w/ mods/security/etc., won't we be going back to that?  So this is really just a temporary fix, right?  

Makes it hard to want to put a months worth of work into something, then we might go back to 1.7.2

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

The thing for me is that even if we rollback, lock things down, and start building again... isn't it all just going to be for nothing?  Because once 1.7.2 is up to date w/ mods/security/etc., won't we be going back to that?  So this is really just a temporary fix, right?  

Makes it hard to want to put a months worth of work into something, then we might go back to 1.7.2

I'd like to know this also. I hate spending hours building something then having it wiped and starting again.

Why doesn't whoever took the shit man the fuck up, apologize for being a ass, and everyone can move along. Faith in humanity and minecraft restored.

You need to install Minecraft and LoL.  quit creepin' the pc games... haha, you know you want in!  

in a meeting

so bear with me please, but if we do this move, i won't be changing maps on us every again

its not fair and its nerve wracking for all involved

I donated £5 to play on a 1.7 server with my buddies,not 1.6, I specifically donated after we said we weren't doing 1.6 and all the mods. I've put hours in getting countless resources and if that were to all disappear I wouldn't be the happiest man in the world.

You are not unique in this

Wow that is a bummer about the theif...sucks that no one knows who he is, if you're a lying stealing scumbag on minecraft I can only imagine what you are in real life...

If you guys are still taking in new people I'd like to join up *if* and only if this is for sure the last reset. (don't want to build stuff to have it reset)

I can chip in a few bucks for server costs every now and then if I play it regularly aswell.

I don't think I can properly convey the level of work that goes into something like this. It is tens of hours long in setting things up.

If we move back to 1.6.4, I will not ever move the group to 1.7.2.

Not going to happen. Way to much involved for me to devote to this again.

Which is really my biggest issue here. Setting up a server with Mods is not a quick process, I spent roughly a solid work week building the Forge 1.6.4 server, then another week once we found Cal couldn't' play on it. Not to mention that a large portion of the deployment process starts over again once I migrate off of my local server and onto the Hosting server.

Losing a house or a mine, or any of the other crap doesn't compare to spending 40+ hours of not even playing the game, but trying to get it to be ready to play.

I don't go into this with any level of enjoyment.

That said, if we don't do this, then all of your stuff is fair game for everyone else.

This is honestly a situation of putting a condom on before banging a chick that you know is also banging 10+ other people.

Do you put it on, or not? Thats up to you guys.

I will follow the majority here,

I personally would like to play on 1.7.2 but I'm willing to move back to 1.6.4 stuff if the majority wants it to be that way.

There's already a lot of work behind the 1.6.4 that's already been done once for a server that ran smoothly -> More enjoyable to setup and play?

Also, I hate it when the problem isn't with the game or its coding but with some absolute imbesil who broke the trust withing the server. I visited the server last night and had a chatter with Cal and Harrison and was quite surprised by what had happened. Is there any chance of observing who has been on server on certain hour of the day?

Also, I hate it when the problem isn't with the game or its coding but with some absolute imbesil who broke the trust withing the server. I visited the server last night and had a chatter with Cal and Harrison and was quite surprised by what had happened. Is there any chance of observing who has been on server on certain hour of the day?

Yes, but that doesn't help us out in this situation.

I can tell you how often and at what times people have logged in. I can even give you chat logs, but thats it.