Iron Banner Gear

TigerBurge

55 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Armour looks amazing. Not sure about the guns. The Pulse Rifle and Auto Rifle are the ones I want to drop the most.

Got the pulse and no you don’t want it. It’s horrible right now. Pulse rifles are in a bad place right now. 

21 minutes ago, TigerBurge said:

Got the pulse and no you don’t want it. It’s horrible right now. Pulse rifles are in a bad place right now. 

Oh ffs, I knew they were but there was high hopes considering the archetype of the gun. Auto Rifle it is then.

Knowing me i'll drop 3 Grenade Launchers <_<

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/75ib4w/massive_breakdown_of_the_iron_banner_weapons/

If you're wondering where the numbers and full list of guns are, the Weapon Stats Spreadsheet has you covered.

Several things to note:

• This breakdown is for Iron Banner weapons only.

• Classes are broken down into Impact sub-classes.

• These are strictly my opinions, so I'm very aware that a lot of people will probably disagree with them.

• The Bolded Perk/Perks in each slot mean that I recommend using them. If there are no bolded perks, it means that I feel any of the listed perks are fine to use in the slot.

• All Times-to-Kill are assuming Guardian has 200hp (9 Resiliency).

• Pros and Cons are determined by comparing weapons within the same class, not by all weapons in general, and not by only the weapons within the archetype. If you would like a different or more specific comparison than what I have listed, feel free to ask and I can provide one in the comments.

Auto Rifles

Adaptive

The Forward Path - Kinetic

Pros - Very high reload speed and handling. High aim assist. Above average stability.

Neutral - Average range.

Cons - Below average mag size and recoil direction.

• Time-to-Kill: 1.10s (11 crit 1 body ), 1.50s (16 body)
  • Rate of Fire: 600
  • Impact: 21 (17 crit, 13 body)
  • Range: 50
  • Stability: 48
  • Reload Speed: 64
  • Handling: 72
  • Mag Size: 43
  • Recoil Direction: 60
  • Aim Assist: 71

Perks:

• Sights/Barrels - Red Dot 2 MOA, Red Dot Micro, Rifle Scope SSF
  • Magazine - Armor Piercing Rounds, Extended Mag
  • Set Perk - Tap the Trigger

Stat-wise a very impressive weapon, The Forward Path is let down slightly by average perk selections. The scopes are passable, with both short (wide field of view but poor damage and aim assist drop off) and long range (narrow field of view but better drop off characteristics) options, but nothing in the middle. Extended Mag is probably the best bet for PvP, since I've rarely found a use for the over-penetration of APR, and Tap the Trigger is nice, but not game-changing. High aim assist, and good range and stability for the archetype are the main calling cards here, so throw on a Kinetic Counterbalance mod and give this weapon a shot. You probably won't be out-dueling most Uriel's users, but if you can make them miss you'll have the more forgiving weapon.

Pulse Rifles

Rapid-Fire

The Time-Worn Spire - Kinetic

Pros - Very high aim assist. Above average mag size.

Neutral - None.

Cons - Very low range and reload speed. Below average stability, handling, and recoil direction.

• Time-to-Kill: 1.13s (4 bursts, 9 crit 3 body ), 1.67s (5.33 bursts, 16 body)
  • Rate of Fire: 540
  • Impact: 27 (18 crit, 13 body)
  • Range: 33
  • Stability: 54
  • Reload Speed: 37
  • Handling: 33
  • Mag Size: 36
  • Recoil Direction: 60
  • Aim Assist: 79

Perks:

• Sights/Barrels - Hitmark IS, Red Dot Micro, Rifle Scope SSF
  • Magazine - Tactical Mag, Accurized Rounds
  • Set Perk - Zen Moment

Almost the opposite of The Forward Path, this is a weapon in an archetype that appears to be useless stat-wise, but in practice is actually highly effective. I do recommend running a Kinetic Counterbalance Mod with it, as the recoil direction is poor, but thankfully it comes with Zen Moment, which should help tighten up the spread after doing damage. The magazine perks offer the ability to boost either range or stability, depending on the users preference (I recommend range first, and switching to stability if you still find it hard to control). The aim assist is insanely high, making this weapon ultra-sticky within its optimal ranges. Possibly my favorite archetype in the game, it's actually competitive with MIDA at mid-range engagements. Highly recommend this gun.

Hand Cannons

Aggressive

The Steady Hand - Kinetic

Pros - Very high range.

Neutral - None.

Cons - Very low reload speed, handling, and aim assist. Low stability, recoil direction, and mag size.

• Time-to-Kill: 1.07s (3 crit), 2.13s (5 body)
  • Rate of Fire: 110
  • Impact: 92 (71 crit, 47 body)
  • Range: 64
  • Stability: 32
  • Reload Speed: 28
  • Handling: 28
  • Mag Size: 8
  • Recoil Direction: 85
  • Aim Assist: 45

Perks:

• Sights/Barrels - TrueSight HCS, HitMark HCS, Crossfire HCS
  • Magazine - Flared Magwell, Alloy Magazine
  • Set Perk - Outlaw

Unfortunately for Aggressive HCs, even with a fast optimal time-to-kill, they just can't stack up in the current state of the Crucible. They're simply too unforgiving, with a slow body shot time to kill, poor stability and awful aim assist. That being said, if you're up for a challenge, The Steady Hand could be what you're looking for. Capable of killing in the same speed as perfect Uriel's if you hit 3 critical hits, Outlaw will boost the reload speed, building on top of Flared Magwell to actually make it quite respectable. I wouldn't recommend this weapon for serious games, but the upside is there for talented players searching for something interesting to use.

Scout Rifles

High-Impact

The Guiding Sight - Kinetic

Pros - High range.

Neutral - None.

Cons - Very low aim assist. Low stability, handling, and mag size. Below average reload speed.

• Time-to-Kill: 1.20s (4 crit) , 2.00s (6 body)
  • Rate of Fire: 150
  • Impact: 67 (52 crit, 37 body)
  • Range: 68
  • Stability: 32
  • Reload Speed: 42
  • Handling: 34
  • Mag Size: 13
  • Aim Assist: 30

Perks:

• Sights/Barrels - Cleanshot IS, Red Dot 2 MOA, Rifle Scope ST
  • Magazine - Tactical Mag, Armor-Piercing Rounds
  • Set Perk - Pulse Monitor

Long story short, this weapon is bad for PvP. Don't use it. High-impact scouts are already struggling in the Crucible thanks to having the same optimal TtK as MIDA, but requiring 100% crits instead of 80%, while also having a slow body shot TtK. Not only that, but the perk selections for this weapon offer nothing of value for PvP. Pulse Monitor is useless, and the small stability boost from Tactical Mag is basically meaningless when the gun itself can't match up favorably with anything.

Sidearms

SUROS Rapid-Fire

The Fool's Remedy - Energy

Pros - Above average stability, reload speed, handling, and recoil direction. High mag size.

Neutral - None.

Cons - Below average range. Very low aim assist.

• Time-to-Kill: .93s (6 crit 2 body ), 1.20s (10 body)
  • Rate of Fire: 440
  • Impact: 35 (26 crit, 20 body)
  • Range: 34
  • Stability: 64
  • Reload Speed: 44
  • Handling: 63
  • Mag Size: 15
  • Recoil Direction: 94
  • Aim Assist: 58

Perks:

• Sights/Barrels - Control SAS, Tactic SAS, FarPoint SAS
  • Magazine - Ricochet Rounds, Accurized Rounds
  • Set Perk - Moving Target

If you love the Omolon Adaptive sidearms, but you want to prepare yourself for their inevitable nerf, might I suggest giving the SUROS Rapid-Fires a shot? Boasting a very nice 0.93s optimal TtK, combined with 1.20s for body shots, these weapons will be the next best thing once the Last Hope and its ilk fall prey to the nerf hammer. Stat-wise, the lack of aim assist is a little disturbing, but thankfully Fool's Remedy has my favorite perk, Moving Target, which boosts AA when ADS. The stability and recoil direction are both solid enough on there own, and the lowish range can be helped out with Accurized Rounds, if necesary. It might not be the best right now, but I still highly recommend giving this weapon a shot.

Sub-Machine Guns

Adaptive

The Hero's Burden - Energy

Pros - High range. Very high reload speed. Above average stability, handling, and recoil direction.

Neutral - Average aim assist.

Cons - Low mag size.

• Time-to-Kill: 1.00s (8 crits 8 body), 1.07s (17 body)
  • Rate of Fire: 900
  • Impact: 20 (13 crit, 12 body)
  • Range: 50
  • Stability: 46
  • Reload Speed: 58
  • Handling: 63
  • Mag Size: 33
  • Recoil Direction: 93
  • Aim Assist: 51

Perks:

• Sights/Barrels - SLO-10 Post, SPO-28 Front, SPO-26 Front
  • Magazine - High-Caliber Rounds, Drop Mag
  • Set Perk - Threat Detector

Normally not a fan of 900 RPM SMGs, but this sweet baby has me changing my tune. Stat-wise, it's basically all good across the board, with only a lowish mag size holding it back from being perfect. Not only that, but it basically does not matter if you hit headshots or body shots, thanks to the times-to-kill being almost exactly the same, but it also has everyone's favorite perk: High-Caliber Rounds. IF this functions anything like it did in D1 (which I'm almost certain it will) the faster the gun shoots, the more effective HCR is. And no weapon in the game shoots faster than the 900 RPM SMGs. On top of that, it's got a medium zoom scope to push out damage fall off and aim assist degradation, and a really amazing perk in Threat Detector, which boosts handling and stability when enemies are near (which they always should be if you're using this gun). I know it's hard to say without having played with this weapon, but based off of the perks and stats, I think we could be looking at a new tier-1 weapon for close range PvP.

Grenade Launcher

Precision

The Day's Fury

Pros - High blast radius, reload speed, handling, and mag size. Above average inventory and aim assist. Very high stability.

Neutral - None.

Cons - Low RoF. Below average velocity.

• Time Between Shots: 0.60s
  • Rate of Fire: 100
  • Blast Radius: 40
  • Velocity: 46
  • Stability: 60
  • Reload Speed: 65
  • Handling: 68
  • Mag Size: 6
  • Aim Assist: 71

Perks:

• Sights/Barrels - Countermass, Confined Launch, Volatile Launch
  • Magazine - Mini Frags, Spike Grenades
  • Set Perk - Snapshot Sights

Let's be honest, with the exception of Play of the Game and some of the sticky launchers, almost all grenade launchers suck. This one looks like it could be an exception, based on the fact that it has Spike Grenades, which rewards direct hits with bonus damage, but I'm tempted to say that it's still too much of a challenge to make it worth using. Maybe pair it with the IB HC and see if you can use two very difficult (but rewarding) weapons at the same time. Regardless, stats-wise it's actually quite good. Solid blast radius and aim assist help to offset the slowish RoF and velocity. I'm going to give it a shot, but I wouldn't get my hopes up, and I suggest you do the same.

Fusion Rifle

High-Impact

The Wizened Rebuke

Pros - High impact and aim assist. Above average range, stability, and recoil direction.

Neutral - Average mag size.

Cons - Below average charge time, reload speed, and handling.

• Charge Time (ms): 860
  • Impact: 100
  • Range: 56
  • Stability: 35
  • Reload Speed: 28
  • Handling: 30
  • Mag Size: 5
  • Recoil Direction: 72
  • Aim Assist: 62

Perks:

• Sights/Barrels - Cleanshot IS, Red Dot MOA, Red Dot Micro
  • Magazine - Liquid Coils, Enhanced Battery
  • Set Perk - Backup Plan

Perhaps one of the weapons I'm most excited about for this IB, the fusion rifle is basically a clone of Shock and Awe, but sexier and better all around. Good range and stability, combined with solid aim assist and recoil direction help to mitigate the low handling and charging speeds. In addition, it has possibly the best FR perk, in Backup Plan, which boosts handling and charge speed for a short time after switching to the weapon. The boost is massive, and basically cuts the charge rate in half, so it's really something to take advantage of. That, plus the fact that the weapon does enough damage to kill in 4 bolts, and I think we might have a new best fusion in the game.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

9 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Oh ffs, I knew they were but there was high hopes considering the archetype of the gun. Auto Rifle it is then.

Knowing me i'll drop 3 Grenade Launchers <_<

I apparently got the AR. Think I dismantled it..

I apparently got the AR. Think I dismantled it..

Lolz.

I'm trying to look past the obvious annoyance that they are same as other guns but reskins. I mean all guns are comparable but to make them look exactly like the others annoys me somewhat.

At least the Armour is unique. You watch it doesn't drop as often as guns for most people now.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb