Plumbers Crack

Anyone else hitting lag problems?

I think it hits me after about an hour or so and when it hits you don't just stutter you can be looking at a pickaxe head for 5-10 seconds.

I've got a Sony Vaio SVF 152C29M laptop with i5 1.8GHz processor, 4.00GB RAM (3.88 Usable), Intel HD Graphics 4000 running W8.1 64 bit OS

Previous discussions with Bart at installation made me change the Minecraft launcher to a 2GB version.

When I play I dont have web browsers open at the same time or music playing from the laptop

Any ideas? 

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let me look at teh server real fast

and I will post some thoughts in a minute

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Server is pegged out at 90% ram usage, I don't see why though.

A few things that could cause this. Teleporting across a lot of areas really fast.

Everyone is flying 

To many animals spawned

Someone has a mob spawner

I can try a few things, but its not a catch all

Also lets try this real fast

If you want to check your latency with a server just log onto Minecraft and add the server you want to test to your list of servers.
When it's added there will be a small icon in the top right on the server field just above the amount of slots the server holds.
If you hover the icon it will tell you the ping of the server.
Fast Ping: <100ms
Medium Ping: 100-250ms
Slow Ping: 250-500ms
Laggy Ping: >500ms

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

As we were talking about on the server, out of that list it could be teleporting.  Especially wih a few of us as that is probably at least 6 locations being stored.  The other is animals, there does seem to occasionally huge groups of animals.  If I count mobs too, there is about 30 round me currently.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Yea, looking at your specs, its most likely a video card issue, along with limiting it to 2gb of ram. That can't be helped though.

48 minutes ago, Greboth said:

As we were talking about on the server, out of that list it could be teleporting.  Especially wih a few of us as that is probably at least 6 locations being stored.  The other is animals, there does seem to occasionally huge groups of animals.  If I count mobs too, there is about 30 round me currently.

Thats not that many in total. The server can handle that. From what I saw there was some issue with the teleporting, but not much. You and Sheasley said you saw no lag when we spoke, and there was only one warning message. Not any actual errors.

Not sure if it's lag or something else, but my tool/weapon always goes up and down as if I'm attempting to switch. Never did that before this server. It happens a lot.

Via the FG App

That's a repair talisman

Via the FG App

Could it be a modpack causing problems?

Yes, but not likely. Mimecraft has built in tools for monitoring memory usage. I use rhem, and can explain to you how to see them when i wake up

Via the FG App