Velvet Shell

phil bottle

417333-zzzvelvetshell.jpg

Debating on whether to get the new season pass.

New maps are free but I kind of like having instant access to the new operators.

I might even switch over to PC only for the new season of this game as the shooting is more enjoyable with kb and m.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry I did not make a megathread for Velvet Shell, I really didn't expect folks to get off the Overwatch grind paired with my PS4 being boxed up at the moment. The two new operators are really solid and I can expect them to be on most teams. Jackal has a really high skill ceiling; he will seem crazy over powered with a good player but Caveria level useless in the hands of others. They redid the sight system so some sights are not super far away from your face, they are all the same distance away now which is great. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

It's a great game. My lack of playing it was mostly down to not being able to be online in rhe evenings when everyone else was on. That's been sorted for the foseeable future.

I did try to play last night but first PSN was down and then when that came back online the PS4 RB6 servers were down...

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Great games last night.  Still got it [emoji6] 

It was fun, hope to see you guys on more haha

Yeah, we need more sessions like that. I'd like to understand how to defend against Jackal as I haven't played much since he got released.

Forum Signature Test.png

Just now, GazzaGarratt said:

I'd like to understand how to defend against Jackal as I haven't played much since he got released.

Move in a more predictable pattern, if you are being tracked you can easily backtrack to him to take advantage. If you run all over the place randomly you will have a hard time setting him up.

I initially thought Jackal's perk was very OP, however it just feels like a longer Caveira perk but just on one Operator. I can live with that.

Mira seems very adaptable on certain maps when you the key points around a zone that you're looking to defend. I've still got to commend Rainbow Six for actually continuing to bring Operators out that compliment team play for different scenarios and environments.

Forum Signature Test.png

Jackal is a better IQ. Great primary assault rifle and a good ability. Shit players tunnel vision and doesn't get used well.

Mira is one of those operators who will be picked 75% of the time. The vector's accuracy is insane by pretty well balanced by its tiny clip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't believe I didn't realise Mira's ability to put a glass section in a reinforcement means externally it's blacked out so they can't see you looking out through it.

Works well on Favalas.

Via the FG App

Forum Signature Test.png