Discuss the operators - Blitz

The3rdWalker

s! This series has been re-created to facilitate the gameplay, metagame, and strategy discussion that often gets buried or lost in the abundance of others posts that flood this sub.
The goal of this series is to not only give new players a primer on an operator, but also for midlevel or competitive players a chance to share the knowledge that they have accrued in their experiences and maybe let people know something that they did not know before.
Today's operator is Blitz.

The community has outlined a couple of things that they want to converse about with every operator, but feel free to branch out should you feel a piece of information warrants its own discussion.
The operator’s primary or ideal role in the team. (DISCLAIMER: Operators can be played in a number of different ways. There is no single way to play an operator. This is probably the most subjective segment of the discussion series, and hopefully will spark debates or help us learn things we did not know before.)
The operator’s gadget and how it will help the team achieve its goals. Please share any tidbits you may know to help expand discussion.
The operator’s loadout, and how best to optimize it. This includes primaries, secondaries, and secondary gadgets.
What maps and game modes does this operator do well on?
What maps and game modes does this operator struggle with?
What teammates synergize well with this operator?
What opposing operators check or counter this operator?
What strategies have you adopted while playing this operator? What is something that a new player should know when playing this operator, or what is something you know that would help a veteran player take that next step?
What is your overall opinion of this operator? Where would you rank them among the other operators?

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Blitz is mostly broken in the current state of the game, because you can be instantly killed via a headshot if someone shoots a certain point into your shield.

I feel like Blitz as he is now is really only ineffective for two reasons;

1. The extremely wide hitbox he (and the rest of the GSG9) has on his head. As one commenter already said, shoot his earmuff and he's dead.
  2. The prevalence of Nitro Cells on Defense. With the Impact Grenade changes this is lessened, but it's still there. It's been suggested a lot, but making it so we can't use the Nitro Cell like some sort of grenade would do a lot for Blitz (and the rest of the Shields)

On the subject of Blitz in a vacuum, he's arguably one of the best "first in" operators, because his shield is incredibly good for this exact purpose. Walk into a room, flash, rush the closest defender, kill them before the flash wears off.

Because of his model's appearance and what he does, I'd love to see him drop to a 2-2, since jeans and a hoodie under a vest doesn't exactly equate to Montagne or Fuze.

All of that being said, as he is now, I feel like Blitz is in a pretty solid place, balance wise. He's extremely effective in tight maps like House and Kanal, and can even be useful in niche cases on larger maps (CEO Office and Vault on Bank come to mind), which I honestly think is the intended purpose of shields. We shouldn't just be picking them in maps where they're at a disadvantage, we should be making a calculated decision. Montagne is great at locking down a door and relaying information to his team. Blitz is a great breach and clear operator in confined maps.

I think he works effectively when we all want to rush into a room. As a player who doesn't play shield, I'm starting to enjoy when Montagne is being picked rather than Blitz, I think there more strategies that could be applied to him in certain situations.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

6 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I think he works effectively when we all want to rush into a room. As a player who doesn't play shield, I'm starting to enjoy when Montagne is being picked rather than Blitz, I think there more strategies that could be applied to him in certain situations.

I'll Montagne for you anytime bby