Overwatch first impressions

Diddums

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn game isn't at Redbox, like at all, Blizzard isn't allowing folks to rent it.

Dumb decision IMO

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I played about 20 matches so far and all have been great fun and varied. It may look like a brainless shooter but the tactics and teamwork required are very important and can have a massive impact on a match. I've been in a few where my team has had to alter our approach on the fly by changing heroes and different ways to target the objective which has turned a match around. Very satisfying stuff indeed! The maps are fantastic too and even the few modes on offer are much more entertaining than your bog standard TDM and thrive on orgainised team play.. It's a highly enjoyable experience so far and great fun throughout. Far better than playing Call of No Recoil Duty: Aim Assist Warfare.  

My best match so far with 32 eliminations http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/487892324750990869/063E999F3E872253DDC655ED331647F6A02761C2/

One of the best MP matches I've ever played in any game that was non-stop carnage right to the wire and an incredible battle throughout! Got an 11 streak and two 5 ones desperately defending the payload which was at the last checkpoint and the remaining 5 minutes seemed to last forever. You just don't get this level on satisfaction in the likes of Call of Duty these days and although I earned a decent amount of eliminations; the team effort was the most important thing. 

My best match so far with 32 eliminations http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/487892324750990869/063E999F3E872253DDC655ED331647F6A02761C2/

One of the best MP matches I've ever played in any game that was non-stop carnage right to the wire and an incredible battle throughout! Got an 11 streak and two 5 ones desperately defending the payload which was at the last checkpoint and the remaining 5 minutes seemed to last forever. You just don't get this level on satisfaction in the likes of Call of Duty these days and although I earned a decent amount of eliminations; the team effort was the most important thing.

Nice game James! You playing on PC

Cool, thanks. I'm sure I'll buy it when the price drops if people are still playing it.

Same here, Sam.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

The more I play the more the more I'm enjoying this game. It's fun solo but gets very frustrating. With a group of three or for it may be one of the best pvp games I've played. Rob and I with a couple a guys he knows had a shutout on a capture mode.

The more I play the more the more I'm enjoying this game. It's fun solo but gets very frustrating. With a group of three or for it may be one of the best pvp games I've played. Rob and I with a couple a guys he knows had a shutout on a capture mode.

Agree! It's a game where everybody really needs to be on the same wavelength by working as a team and having the appropriate heroes - if one or two players aren't pulling their weight or aren't using the right hero for the task at hand; it makes the match an uphill struggle that you will ultimately lose. Get it right throughout and it's so satisfying. I'm finding the community to be very impressive too which has brought out the best of gamers which is rare these days and many games like Call of Duty ultimately make players playing for themselves and not the team. The modes in Overwatch and the variety of heroes are just superb game design that encourages team play. 

There are only a few very frustrating things, a few involving characters that hopefully will be balanced eventually.

• Mei is so strong, like if you have half a brain Mei is absolutely game changing. I would like to see either her freeze rate lower the time it takes to freeze you or that you shouldn't be able to be damaged by her freeze gun. (Let the spike shot hurt you but not the jet that freezes you).
  • McCree's flashbang duration is too long (this is the first character being patched by Blizzard). 
  • Bastion, although not even as close to as OP as people cry about should have his sentry time increased a bit, maybe by a second.

The characters overall are extremely well balanced for the most part.

The netcode at times is a big annoying, it goes by "shooters sight." You've probably noticed once or twice you've snuck behind a wall, died and then on the killcam noticed you weren't behind the wall at all.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

Yep. But most of the time I'm laughing or grinning too much to care. Bastion definitely needs a nerf. Personally I'd take his repair arm away when in turret mode but that's just me. I just yank him out of turret mode and split his face in half anyway so he's not that much of a bother really. Mei - same thing. If she freezes me then good on her, 90% of the time I see her and yank her before she's even clocked me; or zap her before she can ice me.

banlol.png

Bastion can be an absolute bell to kill if he's positioned well and his team are decent. Even then it's all about spotting that tune window of opportunity and nailing him.

banlol.png

Bastion can be an absolute bell to kill if he's positioned well and his team are decent. Even then it's all about spotting that tune window of opportunity and nailing him.

Just put you reinhardt with shields up in front of him and you are golden. Great for defending, not so much for attacking. Same with Torbjorn turrets.