Overwatch [PS4, XB1, PC]

J4MES OX4D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've watched a few vids and this has very strong undertones of Halo, Unreal Tournament, TF2 all set in Blizzard's lovely environment. 

I'm a self confessed Blizzard fanboy so I'll be buying this either way but I think it looks fantastic. As it's payday today and all my life consists of is work, I'm going to treat myself. Screw it. 

I'm off tomorrow too!

banlol.png

I used to be, but between what they did with WoW, the episodic release of SC2 (Which honestly wasn't worth the cost), and then Activision putting their fingers in things like destiny, I just can't get behind them as a company.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Yep, they killed WoW. No two ways about it. Still; I prefer to remember it as a game which require shit loads of thought, planning, time, resource management and crafting rather than the shitty MMO it's become.

I remember the days of Def cap. 540 was the number.

banlol.png

I started playing Warcraft in Mists of Pandaria so I was well into that LFD and LFR generation. I remember hearing about how difficult WoW was. I loved my Panda Mage. I would pay serious money for a new Warcraft RTS. RTS games were what started me video gaming. (Starcraft Brood War, WC3 and Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun)

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

SC2, the Terran campaign was a lot of fun if you want to give SC2 a go.

The Zerg/ Kerrigan campaign was really sort of boring and it meandered around the place a lot.

I didn't finish the Protoss campaign, and I honestly wish I could have gotten my money back.

The other RTS games you mentioned though, I absolutely loved!

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

No. Blizzard 's betas are basically "k so we made a game, it's finished, go stress test our servers".

Get it Christy. Be great to have the bants back again!

After two games into the beta I was sold. I can be frustrating solo and hope they add more game modes. TDM or something just kill based.

TF2 is one of the most fun FPS games I have ever played.

It is still out there and just as huge today as it was years ago.

Overwatch swiped the graphical look from TF2, and a lot of the feel for the weapons. Mercy heals really felt like I was playing the Doctor in TF2. 

I don't remember the other characters in Overwatch enough to draw comparisons

After two games into the beta I was sold. I can be frustrating solo and hope they add more game modes. TDM or something just kill based.

I think TDM would be opposite to what the game is about. You wouldn't really need all those classes and abilities to do that. Everyone would be playing and offensive player, probably a sniper