Bungie selling Heavy Ammo for Silver?

Sennex

Thoughts on this?

https://www.vg247.com/2016/01/25/bungie-sell-destiny-ammo-packs-real-money-microtransactions/

Grinding for purple ammo packs will soon become a thing of the past, if VG247 sources are to be believed.

Bungie is to sell Destiny ammo packs for real money, a source familiar with the matter has confirmed to VG247.

It’s as yet unknown when the feature will be added to the online shooter.

While it was reaffirmed today, the rumour has existed since early last year alongside claims that no raid would be included in House of Wolves and micro-transactions would be added to Destiny. Both these updates proved to be correct.

Micro-transactions first appeared in Destiny in October, 2015, when players were given the option to buy a new currency, Silver, with real money. Currently, the only pieces of content available for purchase are emotes and Sparrow items from Eververse, a vendor in Destiny’s Tower social hub.

The sale of ammo packs will mark a significant step forward for Bungie and Activision’s approach to Destiny’s micro-transactions, as it will have a direct, if limited, effect on gameplay.

You’ll soon be able to spend your Silver on purple synths, apparently. The most sought after ammo pack by far is Heavy Ammo Synthesis, as Heavy is essential for high-level PvE activities such as raiding. There are currently only three ways to acquire Heavy packs: you can buy them from the Tower gunsmith, Banshee-44, for 950 Glimmer, Destiny’s “free” in-game currency; exotic vendor Xur sells packs of three for one Strange Coin; and Variks, the Reef’s Prison of Elders handler, sells them for 250 Glimmer and a pack of Ether Seeds.

Obviously, play is the only way to build up enough resources to afford the packs at the moment, so adding this specific micro-transaction will circumnavigate the need to spend time in-game to raid.

It’s unknown how much the packs will cost. The current cost of Silver is thus:

500 Silver – $4.99/£3.99/€4.99

1000 Silver (+100 bonus Silver) – $9.99/£7.99/€9.99

2000 Silver (+300 bonus Silver) – $19.99/£15.99/€19.99

5,000 Silver (+800 Silver) – $49.99/£39.99/€49.99

The prospect of being able to pay for ammo with real money is unlikely to sit well with much of the Destiny community, which is currently up in arms about a final admission that PvP matchmaking was switched to a skill-based system with The Taken King last September.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone spending money on stuff like this a retarded same as cod community buying cod points if you can get it in game then that's what you do.

If people did that they wouldn't bring this shit in, it's not Activision to blame it's idiots.

I don't have a problem with microtransactions in the slightest no matter how stupid I think they are. So long as it's fluff and not game breaking then fair play to them. Why wouldn't you make a few more quid out of the people willing to pay for it.

My thoughts:

I don't really care either way, but I do find it funny that people will now be able to raise faction for real world money.

Which is on the same level as buying gear for real world money.

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

If this happens, it rubs me the wrong way. Can't say I'd stop playing over it, but it throws up all kinds of red flags. Motes of Light are far more effective at leveling faction rep anyway, I can't imagine spending real money on heavy ammo for that purpose. If they were to make it unavailable for purchase with Glimmer though...

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

If this happens, it rubs me the wrong way. Can't say I'd stop playing over it, but it throws up all kinds of red flags. Motes of Light are far more effective at leveling faction rep anyway, I can't imagine spending real money on heavy ammo for that purpose. If they were to make it unavailable for purchase with Glimmer though...

Heavy ammo synths give more rep, as of now if you don't have the strange coins to buy heavy then yes the next best thing is motes.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

Heavy ammo synths give more rep, as of now if you don't have the strange coins to buy heavy then yes the next best thing is motes.

Hunh, how 'bout that, always thought motes were better.

Heavy ammo synth - 25 rep each

Motes - 20 rep each (100 for 5)

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Ether seeds being the best if I remember correctly

(Buy heavy with Ether seeds from Variks, yes?)

*IF* it was just heavy ammo that'd be fine. I see no problem in buying shit that you would've otherwise had to grind for, especially for folks whose playing time is limited. 

*HOWEVER* the ability to now do faction rep with heavy ammo is jarring. That's just stupid and is the reason ahm ooot.

banlol.png

I must admit in my response I didn't remember that it could be traded in for faction/general advancement. In which case, I agree with it being bollocks. Either way it's disproved now but I don't think it will be long till we're discussing an actual introduction of this nature

Awesome, glad I put the question mark there then.

Sadly, I uninstalled Destiny the other day to have room for my new games. I forgot I did that 

Awesome, glad I put the question mark there then.

Sadly, I uninstalled Destiny the other day to have room for my new games. I forgot I did that 

Does this mean if you reinstall you have to start from scratch or will it be as you left it?

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork