Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn

2305524-a_realm_reborn.jpeg

Eorzea. A Land embraced by Gods and forged by Heroes.Seeking control of this realm and its abundant crystal resources, the GarleanEmpire sends forth a massive host on a campaign to conquer its southernneighbor. Driven by madness, the commander of the invading forces silentlyplots to tear the moon from the heavens and hurl it down upon the land. Thepeople of the realm soon learn of this foul scheme, and join their hands inprayer in an eleventh-hour attempt to entreat the aid of the gods, only tosee their endeavors fail. From within the moon emerges Bahamut, an ancientterror seething with rage fueled by countless generations of imprisonment.Sensing the tug of Fate, a powerful magus channels the last of his strength tosend Eorzeas heroes into a temporal rift. There they wait, untouched by theflames of destruction, until they are needed again. Those heroes are you, andthe hour of awakening is now. Come and witness a realm reborn.

Diddums ran with my suggestion if we wanted to get into a "holy trinity" classic type of mmo (Healer, DPS, Tank) and one of the best ones out there right now is FFXIV.

Loads of classes, one character can level up any class whenever they want and it involves huge, mechanically demanding raids end game. It is subscription based though, so the game has a lot of work into it with constant updates and new content being added. Subscription prices vary between 12.99 USD for 30 days, and then there is an entry and standard package depending on the number of characters you want.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/

Q: Is FFXIV cross-platform?
A: Yes! PS users can play and interact with PC users.

Q: Can I play the same character on PSN and PC?

A: Yes you can, the catch is you have to pay for the PS and PC version (Buying the game twice). Your Square Enix account links with your Playstation and Steam account.

Q: Can I use a mouse and keyboard/ controller?

A: Yes you can use both.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

League of Legends is not an RPG.

I was in FFXIV for about a month, and then my trial ran out. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. It was far more entertaining than WoW.

Sadly I can't really justify 14.99 a month, or I would be in it.

(And honestly I am more in an EVE frame of mind these days. IDK why)

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I#m choosing between this or ESO. The issue I have with this is the subscription. I don't mind it myself, but I know others won't like the idea which means I'll end up playing with a handful of the people I want to play with. That's why I bought ESO for £15 which is fuckall really. I hope it's good, so I can peer pressure the rest of you in to getting it so we can play together  :ph34r:

banlol.png

League of Legends is not an RPG.

I was in FFXIV for about a month, and then my trial ran out. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. It was far more entertaining than WoW.

Sadly I can't really justify 14.99 a month, or I would be in it.

(And honestly I am more in an EVE frame of mind these days. IDK why)

I know, I know... but it has healers and shit, lol.  

Just saying, it's a game that we could all play for free.  I needed to plug LoL, I haven't it a while.  :)  

I wouldn't mind playing ESO, but I've heard too much negativity about it.  I'd get it if we had enough people from the community playing.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

I wouldn't mind playing ESO, but I've heard too much negativity about it. I'd get it if we had enough people from the community playing.

That's the biggest thing about the game as a whole. Early on the game was bad, when it went free to play and they started pumping loads of DLC and regular patches the game is wonderful but it didn't shake that stigma from early on. A lot of people say it's terrible without doing co-op dungeons or the veteran parts of the game.

It's got a solid Reddit community also.

I'll record some YouTube videos of my gameplay and y'all can see if it's your thing.

Haven't played a good MMO in a while. I'll keep an eye on this thread and see if anything comes from it. I'm happy to play either ESO or Final Fantasy if we can get a group going.

Dids is getting into ESO also, I'll create a new character since my Nightblade is in the veteran ranks.

That's my plan for as of now.

Never played this or ESO on console. Only PC, you guys are far braver than I am

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

So a few hours in and my eyes kind of hurt. This is a true port of a PC MMO. The only gripe right now is the HUD controls, bringing up the map, checking out quests etc is a pain. But the nice part is the touch pad is like a laptop touch pad if you'd rather use that.

The combat on a controller switching between skill bars with L2 and R2 is really fluid and well done. Combat is pretty fun.

There is just so much information being thrown at you right off the bat.

I chose a pugilist, in hopes to become a bard although I doubt I'll get that far in the trial. Pretty fun and if I played on console I would eventually use a mouth and keyboard I bet.

So far very enjoyable! The game is rendered very well and no choppiness, load times are tiny.

So I have been getting my money's worth on this trial so far with 11 days to go.

The world is massive and I switched jobs to try and reach my end goal of unlocking the bard before my trial period ends out. It turns out the Archer's Guild was in another major city hub and I had to google a map and avoid all sorts of mobs 20 levels higher than myself.

The game plays smooth and I enjoy a PC port on a console. I could see myself buying this in 2 weeks and playing for a bit.

Edit, I think the hardest part for me to get use to was tab targeting. When you have R2 held down for attacking you can press L1 & R1 to cycle through enemies during the fight. Makes it so much easier than pressing O and trying to select another enemy.