Destiny 2 FG'ers thoughts.

techno

Just wanted to start a discussion before the usual info overload hits about what might and might not be in destiny 2.

Destiny is the only game I think of since older cods to bring this community together and even expand it but at the moment to most it's just dead which is to be expected with the amount of hours some have sunk in.

However I was wondering what people's thoughts and expectations are for the next installment or what the would like to see implemented that will bring players back because as a social experience its been a lot of fun.

So is anyone planning to buy it regardless of who gets it or only if enough members get it or is it simply dead to you now and no matter what you won't buy it.

Things I think personally need addressing.

Weapon diversity, it's an fps,to me year 2 was so much worse than year 1 due to 1 main reason the removal of elemental burn primaries. They were the reason to run hard mode raids, they made me think about my load out for specific missions and nightfalls in some cases it changed during missions now I soon learnt I needed red death, 1000 yrd stare and a hmg or for crucible maybe a hawksaw archytype pulse rifle and a shotgun.

Weapons need cutting down in numbers but more useful and diversive perk modifiers not just range and stability add in balanced damage modifiers and rate of fire mods maybe and have some weapons to grind for but some as rng drops only.

Crucible,ffs just sort out the weapon balance for crucible ignore it's pve aspect and then leave it pretty much alone this constant meddling is frustrating as fuck and it goes round in circles and is probably in the worst state it's ever been in.

Lastly let's have private matches to fuck around in.

Leveling needs a complete overhaul I don't think light works I'm not sure it's really necessary especially in its present form.

Content needs to remain relevant,vog to me is still the best thing in destiny kings fall is good but there's too much jumping crap that I feel was added to pad out the raid after people thought crota too easy imo.

1 last thing for now varied fireteam numbers if possible add more adds depending on numbers perhaps between 3 and 6 players to do more stuff together add to that social experience.

Drop last gen and don't make it feel just like a full price dlc, I'd be happy to start from scratch but I know others wouldn't even if it felt like it a little in ttk.

So what's your thoughts? Because destiny 3 is going to have more competition this time.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with everything you said, and I'd add that keeping older shit relevant is very important. This bollocks where you spend months farming for a gun only for it to be obsolete next time an xpac hits is fucking bullshit, I'm looking at you Jellyhorn. Same with Arse Breaker. Fucking awesome weapons completely useless and replaced with what... 1000 yard stare and ash factory? Fuck right off.

banlol.png

I'll have to put some thought into it, but I differ in at least one regard, I say no to elemental primaries. It would massively diminish the value of secondaries and heavies and render all non-elemental primaries completely useless. I think weapon variety is quite good. If you choose to stick with a certain few, that's your choice, but it doesn't mean there is a lack of options. Anyway, don't want to derail, we can start a separate weapon variety thread if people want to discuss it.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Crucible weapons and armor stats should be seperate from PVE stats IMO.

Weapon Diversity:

Embrace either CoD or Battlefield weapons upgrade systems, and weapon types.

Update old content to new content levels with higher value strike options.

I expect all of this to be in the game once the beta is over however.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

All good points well made

I shall get it regardless. I am just happy with the mechanics and the way the game plays in general. I've tried BF4 and just can't get used to it and CoD generally is a lagfest although BO3, when it works, isn't too bad

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

I disagree about making old stuff relevant. The Jelly was OP,the IB was OP. I like the way they have done the quest system now. Giving a more direct path to exotics is great. It should stay that way. Get rid of the light system or dive guaranteed light drops. Fuck this shit where you may get something at 310 or 302 or 290. It should scale to you current light level like they said it did +/- 10. Once you hit 290+ you very rarely got anything useful. I liked the old system better if attack/defense numbers.

Forever 29 is still there they have just masked it into a different system. I feel like there should be a more direct path to reaching max level. Not left up to RNG. Yeah I'm still salty about beating Oryx and he gives me nothing but takes my shards to give me shards. That leads to my next point. REWARD US. If I do a nightfall I don't want a fucking ghost shell 20 light lower than the one I have. I'm fine with getting legendary weapons but make the ones I get different. Somehow make the stuff I get special not just some way to get marks.

I love Destiny, I just feel they need to rethink the way we are rewarded with stuff. Stop fucking up Pve because people bitch about PvP.

Different game modes in pvp. Be creative.

Get rid of the different currencies. Motes of light,strange coins,legendary marks,glimmer. I love how they got rid of crucible and vanguard marks and there isn't a cap anymore. That was a huge upgrade.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense but I'm tired and my sleeping pill is kicking in.

For some one who has put well over a 1000 hours into Destiny, I'm strangely undecided about Destiny 2. Suspect I'll get it as there have been so many great times on that game, but there is certain stuff that started to annoy me. I'd like to see the following addressed:

Crucible - needs to have a point - I'm throwing hours at CoD to rank up, somehow Crucible never held that attraction for me unless it was iron Banner - (rank up and buy what you want, no RNG getting in the way). Not saying it has to be all like Iron Banner, or too much like CoD, but there I'd prefer if there was a goal

The Grind - didn't mind it in year 1 but Bungie made the grind worse in year 2, too much so for me

Raid bosses who provide the means to there own demise - I've joked before about Crota 'I'm immune to everything but swords. Here have a sword'. But every boss in Kings Fall is like this, its so kinda lazy from Bungie. Not a huge point but just makes the wholly thing faintly ridiculous. Why not have a multi destination raid, assembling something that takes the boss down, instead of him giving you the means to his destruction

Iconic raid guns - they got this right in VoG and crota, and so wrong in PoE (remember that anyone) and Kings Fall. Raid guns to have one type of burn and set perks. Anyone remember a single PoE gun

Get the drop rates right, and also give multiple chances in the course of the raid - trying to do hard mode oracles over and over to get that one gun for the collection was sole destroying (never got it either). Let guns drop at later stages as well

RNG is sole destroying, and needlessly so - knowing you might never get that gun you want is just wrong - drops should be able to be traded between fire team members. I'd also like to see a 'guarantee system' , who will get it if you do it x times, x can be random, but the low percentages in play make never to much of a possibility

Have a plan - don't end up with another CE screw up were new light levels and no way of upgrading meant all the VoG stuff was worthless, until 6 months later Etheric light came along. Its not hard to roadmap character development for a year at least

Matchmaking - not for everyone but the whole waiting for a party or LFG thing is a pain in the ass - optional matchmaking for all activities would be a great add

• Token System.

Prison of Elders had the best system for end game rewards, using a token system. I am also a big supporter of it coming from World of Warcraft. If not a token system then almost a shard system. Have all of the weapons, and armor available from day one, say a normal raid helmet is worth 15 shards. On a full normal clear you could receive 15-30 shards. You are guaranteed a piece of gear, or if you are lucky two.

Two tiers, normal and heroic.

• Weapons should be outdated.

it happens in every single MMO or RPG, when new content hits, old weapons are invalidated. This is nothing new, and the grind honestly isn't close to as bad as other video games. The game becomes stale, very stale if you allow old OP weapons to stay in the game.

• Kinetic Legendary Primaries.

Wonderful move, it adds a bigger variety of viable weapons. Exotics can and should have an element associated with them because well, they are exotics.

• Integrated Lore.

This game has wonderful writing and the way they went about displaying it through Grimoire was an absolute moron move. At the very least use a Skyrim system to show Grimoire during your flight into a planet, or have an archive on the "tower" to read it at your own pace.

• Weapon Balancing.

Bungie sucks at it, plain and simple. There needs to be a special stat or weapon category for PVP that they can tune appropriately, leaving PvE alone. Not just because of player vs player, but their nerfs generally don't make sense. They want to see a variety of weapons being used but when they nerf one archetype into the ground another one gets exclusive use and the system continues.

• "Previous" gen needs to go.

I don't even believe PS3 & Xbox 360 should have been included in this version of Destiny. Ram and power of the console specifically hindered aspects of the current game. The next iteration of Destiny has to be for the current generation of console(s) only.

• Stop cutting up "playlists." and make them worthwhile

Excluding old pvp maps, old strikes from Nightfalls, others strikes and pvp modes is retarded although I see it as commonplace in other MMO/ RPGs. Once they removed the XP buff and 500 faction experience from Nightfalls I have done one in a few months, there's no point to them anymore.

RNG is fine, it's how Diablo, World of Warcraft, Path of Exile all of them are. That's the name of the game. Matchmaking for the highest end activities should never be a thing, I wouldn't be opposed to normal raids having a matchmaking system or at least in game LFG.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD