Heavy Rain [PS4]

Nice to see this being 'remastered' for March this year. Played this through on my mates PS3 and thought it was a truly unique and unforgettable experience. Not the sort of game you play through more than once but I may make an exception as that was over 5 years ago. Anyone who missed out should definitely pick this up when it's out.

If anyone is also looking for something similar; Life Is Strange is an excellent alternative.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My all-time favorite game, if you own a PS3 or now a PS4, you owe it to yourself to experience this title.

Every time I hear about Heavy Rain, I think about you.  I remember you talking it up a lot.  I'll have to check it out when the price is right.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Every time I hear about Heavy Rain, I think about you.  I remember you talking it up a lot.  I'll have to check it out when the price is right.  

Yep, problem is, it's impossible to describe and not at all like any other game out there. It was without a doubt the most riveting and intense experience I have ever had from any game, TV show, or movie, ever and I seriously doubt anything will ever top it.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

It's worth a play through once but not a purchase at anywhere near full price,I was lucky to pick it up at £10.

Not that you shouldn't wait and get it on the cheap, but it's easily worth every penny of full price and then some IMO.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Not that you shouldn't wait and get it on the cheap, but it's easily worth every penny of full price and then some IMO.

I'm sorry but imo it's nowhere near a full price buy for the amount of gameplay content.

I believe you also said once that you don't pay full price for single player games.

I'm sorry but imo it's nowhere near a full price buy for the amount of gameplay content.

I believe you also said once that you don't pay full price for single player games.

I don't and in fact I payed zero for Heavy Rain as it was a gift. And when I put it on my Christmas list, it was only $20. Having played it, I would say that the experience was worth every penny of $60. I'd say it's worth every penny of $100. That's not hyperbole. In hindsight, I would pay $100 for the opportunity to play Heavy Rain, no questions asked, it's that good.

I've long felt that some people play games and some people experience them. I'm definitely in the latter group, and I'm pretty sure you're in the former. If it was just playing a game to you, then clearly you do not experience games in the same way as I. Nothing wrong with that, it's just fundamental differences in personality. There were multiple parts of that game where my heart was in my throat, my hands were sweating though I felt cold and I was sitting, literally on the edge of my chair.

As for content, I prefer quality over quantity. I never understood the notion of justifying a game's price based on hours played. If I had to choose between Destiny or Heavy Rain, there's absolutely no question it would be Heavy Rain despite the fact that I've got like thirty or forty times more hours in one over the other. There's just no comparison in terms of the quality of those hours.

Obviously you're free to disagree, just as I disagree with the notion that it isn't worth full price. *shrugs* Tommy strikes me as a pretty emotional guy, I think he'd really, really enjoy it. I've never recommended it to Doc however, because I'm not so sure he would. Different strokes and all that.

Your defiantly right about our differences in gaming and probably other forms of entertainment I don't get emotionally involved in any of it.

It's also not about quality over quantity with me either as I can see the quality in the last of us but I had a few hours into it and it just didn't grab me, so with me it's all about the type of gameplay.

Maybe as I don't get immotionally attached to stuff I can give a less biased opinion and that's all this is opinion people will make up there own minds I enjoyed the game I'm happy you recommended it and now I'm interested in what other people think of and when they've played it.

I don't think my opinion is biased. It's not like I work for Quantic Dream or Sony. I have no vested interest, no ulterior motive, and nothing to gain or lose.