Destiny Patch is Broke (with details)

Sennex

This is an attempt to compile all the issues the community has been finding in 2.10. Bungie has acknowledged a few of the problems:

Known Issues with patch 2.1.0[1] on Bungie Forurms UPDATE: *OFFICIAL* Petition for 2.1 patch ISSUES to be resolved[2] by Bungie Forums community

Legend

• Confirmed by Bungie, direct quotes in italics where possible.
  • [C] Widely confirmed by the community and an obvious issue.
  • Some reports, but unconfirmed or not clear if working as intended.

Items

•  Hold off on decrypting exotic boots. We are investigating an issue where they will sometimes not grant a reward when decrypted.

• [C] Peregrine Greaves do not appear in the Exotic Armor Kiosk.

• [C] Mk. 44 Stand Asides do appear in Exotic Kiosk (perhaps instead of Peregrine Greaves?). -/u/BaconSkinLaser5 [5]

• [C] (May be WAI) THE RAM was added without any prior mention.

• Apparently the Ram is back for Year 2[6]
  • New Hidden Exotic most likely tied to the Mida Multi Tool![8]
  • Purchasing MIDA Multi-tool from the Kiosk causes a new undiscovered Exotic Primary to appear. -/u/Gek_Lhar [7]

• FIX: Can be solved by using a few Motes on it.
  • [C] New Y2 Exotic Weapons (MIDA Multi-tool, No Land Beyond, Dragon's Breath, Hard Light, etc) are still marked as "Classified".

• Double Holding Aces on Hawkmoon?[11]
  • Reported by /u/Sugarbiscuits [12] on XBONE
  • Confirmed they DO show up for /u/just_your_half [13] on PS4
  • "Yesterday, an Exotic Special Weapon Engram decrypted into nothing but a single mote of light. I'm not sure if it was an isolated incident or not, not if it's related to this update." -/u/suncrest [14]
  • [C] On the Black Spindle, some perks (barrel upgrades) may revert to an unlocked state. . - /u/The_MadHatter--PSN [9]

•  Your Iron Banner Ghost may have had a temporary makeover and appearing as red. We are working on a fix for this.

• [C] Hawkmoon's description of perks wrong. - /u/SilentSpartan [10]

• Y2 Radiant Dance Machines may not show up in kiosk if Y1 is present?

• Exotic Special Engrams turing into a single Mote of Light

• Frontier shell, while now able to be infused with year 2 items, doesn't scale well with light level. My 310 has 9/0/0 int/disc/str stats. - /u/delia33 [15]

Sandbox

SRL

•  We are aware that some players are unexpectedly being Returned to Orbit due to "Inactivity." We are investigating. Stay tuned for updates.

•  Rare quality Sparrow Horns will become unusable after the Sparrow Racing League event ends, but will not be removed from player's Inventories. Players can manually discard these items from their Inventory.

•  Legendary Sparrow Horns will remain useable after the Sparrow Racing League event ends.

•  Sparrow Racing League Quests and Bounties cannot be completed after the event ends. Bounties can be discarded from the player Inventory and Quests can be sent to the Abandoned Quest kiosk.

•  Please ensure that the active character has ample Gear slots, Inventory space, or Postmaster space before opening Sparrow Racing League packages, such as the Racer’s Toolkit faction package, or the Mystery Bag items purchased from Eververse Trading Co., such as Sparrow Toolkits.

•  Bungie is aware that players using Hair Trigger features on controllers are not able to initiate a full Sparrow boost. If possible, please disable this feature.

•  Excluding the default "Happy Horn", Sparrow Horns cannot be re-acquired through Collections or through Eververse Trading Co. if dismantled. Please use caution when dismantling items, as they cannot be replaced.

• If you go into the 'details' page of the SRL quest line, the previous steps that you have completed do not have their box check marked as completed. - /u/Svegabond [23]

• [C] In SRL occasionally my post race screen will be blank.[24] /u/Svegabond [25] /u/CrawlingDrop65 [26] ,/u/coldfreeze [27] /u/DelawareHelicopter [28]

• "I will still receive rewards once the count down screen is done and I go back to orbit. I've noticed this happens frequently when after a race is done, I go in to my quest menu page to check progress and then return to the post race screen which will be blank." - /u/Svegabond [29]
    • FIX: "TO fix this press start, generally then right or left bumper and the screen shows up." - /u/Vacross[30]
  • [C] SLR Record Book Exploit (Free Loot That Should Be Paid) [31] /u/Rakkety_Tom [32]

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh5ISr_2WRM [33] /u/Ziscariote [34]
  • There is a glitch in the SRL Venus map. You can go through one of the walls on the turn and appear about 500 yards down the course. Insanely annoying. /u/IndigoThree256 [35]

Quests, Bounties, and Progression

• [C] 6+ Auto Rifle kills for the More Bullets quest not registering - /u/ekim523 [36] /u/Ponchosardo [37]

• [C] (Minor) Gunsmith test guns not showing progress correctly

• "The two gunsmith guns I tested don't show as being completed when I equip another gun. The progress bar showed as 100% but not "complete" Rep was still awarded so not a big deal." -/u/SomeCleverReference [38]
    • "After you test weapon for Gunsmith, it will have yellow borderline. If you unequip it, borderline will disappear, as well, as checkbox next to 100%. You can equip and complete this weapon's test again, but it'll not give any reputation" - /u/GarryGREY [39]
  • [C] Quest Kiosk not displaying pages correctly

• Details[40] /u/CaliaNissene [41]
  • editor's note, I thought saw another post about this, I'll add it if I find it.
  • "While playing today's daily, at the prime servitor, I figured I'd finish my primary precision kills bounty on the endless dregs. I was stuck at 9 and couldn't progress." - /u/BuddhaSmite [42]
  • Primary Precision bounty stuck at 9

King's Fall Raid

• "tons of Bugs in the the raid last night for my group and a friends group. People getting kicked. Laggy. Aura's not showing up. People randomly dying cause they "had" the aura and didn't do anything. It was awful. Usually can beat the raid in 60-90 minutes. Only got to Golgoroth in 2 hours." - /u/Sugarbiscuits [43]

• "while running the relics at the bginning of the raid last night, once i picked the sphere up i could not run with it. Might be a controller issue, but I was able to run fine without the sphere the rest of the raid." -/u/fariko_mayh3m [44]

Technical Errors

• [C] (Old Issue) Firefly can crash the game.

• Firefly on the Vanity can still crash the game. - /u/JoKing12696 [45]
    • "Game crashed while using smite of merain with firefly on thralls at Golgoroth yesterday. X1. Only option is quit app." - /u/N2L_E2G [46]
    • "My Hung Jury and Smite of Merain with Firefly has crashed the game several times, during a raid. I know you have the Smite on the list, but Hung Jury should be there as well..." - /u/not918 [47]
  • Frequent Beaver errors - /u/arbtsmns [48]

• Frequent Baboon errors on PS3 - /u/masha2932 [49]

Misc

• [C] The ship New Monarchy Vote bugs the postmaster[50] /u/Chippy569 [51]

• May be the same issue as the previous Postmaster issue.
    • Postmaster may show an indicator meaning he has an item, but no item is actually present -/u/hump1210 [52]
  • Turning in Dreadnaught patrol bounties crashes the game on PS3. - /u/kimminub [53]

• Wormspore was showing up with quest checkpoint markers over them in the dreadnaught - /u/Heathen15[54]

• Storm Fist can trigger and be consumed on enemies that have just died, aka rag dolls. May be just lag. -/u/Piglyt [55]

• When using an Invective with No Backup Plans shotgun kills may not proc Force Barrier. - /u/Piglyt [56]

• All of the Warlock Y1 helmets are displayed in the Y2 panel, along with all the Y2 helmets. - /u/SerfaBoy[57]

• I don't know if this was intended but my titan bubble only generates one grenade charge when armamentarium is equipped. - /u/zanotoole [58]

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be time to finish up Witcher 3

yea, this is pretty bad.

That being said, I am trying to sort out my Hunter right now, you really can't beat material farming on a hunter. 

Oh well, I can play some Fallout 4 and watch more Persons of Interest on netflix

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Blues decode just fine, although, I did end up with about 20 helm engrams in a few hours, so that was odd.