Fallout 3 worth playing still?

I am wondering if I should try that one first.

My PC needs an updated GPU to run Fallout 4 and I don't fell like spending the extra money right now. I know the others work quite well on my machine.

Which one is better Fallout 3, vegas or fallout 2?

If Fallout 4 is anything like skyrim it will so much better on the PC so I am thinking of waiting until the prices go down for GPUs and the game before getting it. 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fallout 2 is probably the best.

3 has the best story IMO

Vegas isnt' bad, I just didnt' like the story or the fact that enemies didn't respawn. My last playthrough I skipped the entire story and just went on a mission to kill everything that moved in the waste.

Fallout and Fallout Tactics are loads of fun, but hard to play anymore because of how dated they are.

2 does have the best writing though, the dialogue options for low intelligence characters are amazing.\

This review from Steam is actually really accurate of the whole series and how in the earlier games you could complete missions a ton of different ways:

eA4BydM.png

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Fallout 2 is probably the best.

3 has the best story IMO

Vegas isnt' bad, I just didnt' like the story or the fact that enemies didn't respawn. My last playthrough I skipped the entire story and just went on a mission to kill everything that moved in the waste.

Fallout and Fallout Tactics are loads of fun, but hard to play anymore because of how dated they are.

2 does have the best writing though, the dialogue options for low intelligence characters are amazing.\

This review from Steam is actually really accurate of the whole series and how in the earlier games you could complete missions a ton of different ways:

eA4BydM.png

:lol: at that whole post, especially " I skipped the entire story and just went on a mission to kill everything that moved in the waste." 

I'm as follows:

Fallout 3 - best story but - while the gloomy atmosphere and graphics do set the scene well - it can be a bit dreary looking. 

New Vegas - more colourful and nice to look at but was also more buggy and I didn't like the way the story panned out or the choices I had to make at the end.

Play em both innit. :)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

The entire Fallout collection is available at 66% off right now at Bundlestars which is a steal https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/fallout-bundle

Get the lot B)

Thanks for the information. I just might. Can't beat the price. Just need the time.