Megathread: Where to find large quantities of "X"

The3rdWalker

Lead

• Federal Supply Cache 84NE in the Glowing Sea has an entire dumbbell set. Got quite a bit of lead from that.

Bring power armor when you get it or you're going to be making quite a few trips. Lead is heavy.

Fiber-optics

• Medford Memorial Hospital has 10 microscopes.
  • Jamaica Plains, 49 laser trip wires that give you crystals, fiber-optics and steel per run when disarmed. [YouTube]

Corn

• Buy it in Vault 81, you can even pick the crops from the stalk for free.
  • There's also some to pick and buy in Greygarden.

Aluminium

• Mahkra Fishpacking
  • Corvega

Adhesive

• There is an unlimited, renewable source of home-grown adhesive. [Reddit
    • "Vegetable starch" breaks down into Adhesive- 3 each of mutfruit, corn, and tato grown on your settlement.

Miscellaneous

• General Atoms Galleria - "It took me 4 trips but I gathered around 300 lead, 200 plastic, 200-300 bottlecaps, around 100 prewar money and a whole bunch of ammo. There is also a whole bunch of telephones, fans, aluminum and much more."

---

Feel free to add big finds below as there are always multiple spots to farm resources. Information pulled from this Reddit thread. [Link]

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Caps are easy to come buy, so purchase delivery orders from Merchants. They provide 25 of Item XXX for typically between 1000 and 2000 caps.

The Brotherhood has the more high tech items, such as Fiber Optics, up on the Prydwen. (Once you unlock it)

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."