Arma 3 - DayZ Exile

phil bottle

So, the standalone version of DayZ is still treading water, with the progress of an arthritic snail. With armbands.

In the meantime I've keep keeping an eye on Arma 3 mods.

The A3 DayZ Exile mod has been coming on well recently and I tried out a new map last night, Esseker.

If you're interested in trying it out, download the A3 launcher, it helps install all the extra mods needed to play.

Give me a shout if you need links.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it was the DayZ mod for Arma 2 that made me decide to get a decent PC in the first place, up until then I only had Civ 4 on my laptop.

So far on Esseker the feeling is very much old school DayZ, the mist makes it really creepy.

Yet to encounter a Zed but I'm on servers with 50+ people and KOS is still going strong... :lol:

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

^I'll take that back.

Very next game I had parachuted into Pyrgos (playing on the Altis map) and looted up pretty quickly with food and weapons only to have the fastest zombie I have ever seen run to me like T2 and destroy me.  :blink:

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Played the actual Esseker map a bit more now, really really like it, gives me the old school dayz feeling back, especially when it gets foggy.

However, it's true to say that it's pretty much more PVP that ever, and high powered weapons spawn everywhere :rolleyes:

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I've been kept away from playing both Fallout and BO3 the past week because of this mod. 

I like Esseker a lot.

However, I jumped on with a couple of Arma 3 bods I know (they usually only play King of the Hill type stuff) and we tried out the Exile LINGOR map.

Quality map, wish I'd had my shadowplay on. Completed a mission against AI, went to the crate for the goodies and got sniped by a human player from 872 metres. Bastard :lol:

Currently running with an SVD camo and a Mk17.

Anyone wants to try it out let me know, there's a teamspeak server we can use ;)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg