Last movie you watched

Drifter

That was the last decent one. Don't get me wrong I love them all, but going back in time for whales? Really?

Also not a fan of the reboots sadly

OMG that's right, I totally forgot about there being one where they had to save some humpback whales or some shit like that lol.

I'm right there with ya on the reboots, I haven't seen any of the new rebooted ones because even the trailer for them did not appeal to me. I'm not a fan of most reboots at all anyway.

Oh yea totally.

Nothing beats Spock cursing on the bus.

It just isn't a Star Trek movie to me really.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Saw Finding Dory today. Very nice follow up to the first movie I enjoyed it quite well. Did not enjoy the pain in the ass kid behind me kicking my seat nor the other kids down the row from me talking through the whole movie. Guess some parents don't teach their kids manners these days!

Watched some movie last night when I could not sleep called "Cut Bank". Never heard of it before but had some big name actors in it like Liam Hemsworth, Billy Bob Thornton, John Malcovich..... after watching it I now know WHY I had never heard of it before. Really really bad....<_<

Anyone seen the new Independence Day yet? I've got an open relaxing day planned for Saturday and plan to grab a movie to watch (Either The latest Terminator, The Reverent, or the new Independence Day)...have read  that Independence Day  was pretty bad in reviews though so wondered if that was the case or if it was worth renting?

6 hours ago, Drifter said:

Anyone seen the new Independence Day yet? I've got an open relaxing day planned for Saturday and plan to grab a movie to watch (Either The latest Terminator, The Reverent, or the new Independence Day)...have read  that Independence Day  was pretty bad in reviews though so wondered if that was the case or if it was worth renting?

Terminator and Independence day did really badly at the theater. It was in the theaters less than 2 weeks here. Did you mean the Revenant? I did not like it much. College football might be your best bet.

16 hours ago, Drifter said:

Soooo  Revenant  it is !:P

lol

All kidding aside, did you really not like it much? Cuz I was leaning that way.

In order to keep spoilers to a minimum. 

Most of the movie is DiCaprio moving around in the woods injured trying to get somewhere without much happening.  It's needlessly stretched out in my opinion

Imitation game not my usual type of film but as I was on sick I needed somethings to watch and I found it excellent, don't like cucumberpatch but he played Turing well and it was interesting to see how homosexual were treated back then...ridiculous 

Watched The Revenant and 10 Cloverfield Lane last night.  I have to disagree about the Revenant being boring or lacking story. I thoroughly enjoyed it myself. I can see why it may have seemed dull to you if you're not into that sort of movie though. For me I enjoy a movie that relies on good performances and great cinematography to capture the audience rather than lots of CGI and fluff action. I enjoy some non thinking type action flicks with CGI as much as the next guy, so I wouldn't want every  movie to be like The Revenant, but a movie such as it is very welcome by me every once in awhile. IMO it is along the lines of Dances with Wolves, The Grey, and Into the wild, which I also enjoyed.  Also I didn't realize that was Tom Hardy playing Fitzgerald till after I watched it. He was fantastic in the movie.

10 Cloverfield lane- Jeez I dunno where to even start on that one lol. I don't want to spoil it for anyone that has not seen it so I won't go into detail much. To me it was almost like two different movies in one. The first 75 minutes were really great. John Goodman was excellent playing the role he did and I really enjoyed it. The last 15 minutes....There's a twist that I really did not see coming and the last 15 mins seem like it went off into a totally different film. Loved the first 75mins, rolled my eyes at the last 15 minutes lol. Worth seeing though for sure.

Well just watched Terminator Genisys.. One word describes it.... Terrible! Absolutely positively TERRIBLE. They tried to make it so intricate with all the time traveling and alternate time dimensions but  the only thing they accomplished is to keep you confused as fuck and get to the point where you don't give a damn about the characters what so ever. I literally was asking myself after 1 hour how much longer this crap could go on??

My suggestion for the Terminator franchise? Get in the time travel device and go back to the day after T2 was released and kill the franchise there. Because T2 was the least decent Terminator movie. I honestly don't think I would sit through this latest one again for anything less than $50 lol. 

Did you see 10 Coverfield Lane? If you haven't then if you get a chance check it out, you might like it. I can't say I didn't enjoy it because 90% of it was really good. I just didn't like what they did near the end. Still worth a watch though. John Goodman was really good in it.