new weapon balances

techno

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ice Breaker : 1 round every 8 seconds now?

Not game breaking, I will still end up carrying it when Solo, but, most likely not when with you all. We tend to move faster

The 'Horn: Reducing the cluster bomb damage, doesn't shock me, I don't think it is necessary though. Hell, I have been using Truth instead lately.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Well that's odd. Only took that months to fix some shit. Nerfing some that I think doesn't need nerfed. Luckily my go to pvp was left alone mostly. Thanks for not fucking up the Mida

Get yourselves a pest control matrix or whatever it's called roll some stability perks ready for the big auto rifle revival.

Already have it. Think I'll stick to my scout rifles

I was thinking about the nerf last night and again this morning, and once again Bungie is messing with PVE for PVP reasons.

A few observations from a sub-par player:

Everything in the game is already a bullet sponge because of the Max level +1 balancing they have done, so decreasing the effectiveness of IB by 37.5% only means that players will go through content slower. (Black hammer nerf increases this downtime)

Places to camp and use IB: CE Bridge, VoG Oracles, Valus T'Arc tank, ??? (I don't know where you all camp, but these are the only ones I camp at with IB, and is it really camping?)

Cluster Bomb (Gjallarhorn/ Hunger of Crota): This means it takes longer to go through adds, there forcing us to camp and go slower

It appears that the intent here is to force us to go through content slower.

I foresee a lot of Sparrow skipping sections of Strikes in the future, until Bungie nerfs them as well

---------------

That all being said, I do think that the Thorn Nerf is actually pretty impressive. It only affects PVP

Also, I think the Hard light buff is a good thing.

EDIT: How many folks will switch to Patience and Time now instead of IB?
I know I will, third eye, and Active Camo? Going to spend a lot of money on synths though

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I only used ib for oracles on hard vog or for recharging ammo for other weapons only these days.

The thorn nerf hits pve too I believe as damage over time and hand cannon nerf apply in both pve and pvp.

Seems on face book the ghorn nerf has split the community.

I only used ib for oracles on hard vog or for recharging ammo for other weapons only these days.

The thorn nerf hits pve too I believe as damage over time and hand cannon nerf apply in both pve and pvp.

Seems on face book the ghorn nerf has split the community.

I could be wrong here, but how I read the Thorn change is DOT is applied once per target, and you can have a max of 5 targets affected.

The old way was to stack 5 dots on 1 Target. 

I see Thorn being an assist machine way more than it ever was before.

Don't know bungies long term plans after TTK , but I think this weapon buff is going to happen just before the TTK drops in mid September and with lots of new games comming out just after, I can see lots of people moving on to newer things and this buff is going to only effect us while we play the TTK

yea, I think you are correct here. 

Nerf the old stuff, so we don't keep trudging it around with us.

I have a feeling we won't be able to "Ascend" any of our current gear again.  

If they did this, it would be in keeping with what all MMO's do when expansions come out

Eh, I'm not bothered about these changes. The one thing I could kiss Bungie for is getting rid of that goddamn fucking final round perk. HOly mother of god I wish I could stab people with their own sniper rifle in their eyeballs sometimes, especially on that new map. 

It is kinda funny when the match just starts and you can hear the sniper shots immediately going off. You know it's coming then, so I usually sprint round the corner then shoulder charge so they miss me. They always run around a corner to reload but in most cases I've got a thorn or two in their faces.

Hopefully Abyss Defiant gets good again. 

banlol.png