Budgeting for Steam Summer Sale

Sennex

Some tips:

Featured timed deals like the x hour price drop are going to be the ones to grab first. Daily deal might be worth waiting for, however it's possible but not guaranteed to be on sale again on the final day. Price drops that last the whole sale period is stuff you grab the last day, it's possible that it may get a better discount sometime during the sale on a daily, or x time sale.

X timed sale (8 Hr sale) ------ Grab

Daily sale ------ I would grab, but don't be upset if it gets a better price drop. It's possible to get the deal again on the final day but it's not a guaranteed thing.

Sale price lasting the whole sale ------ Wait until the final day. There is a possiblity that it will have a better sale price some other time during the sale.

Community choice ------ It's a 50/50. It might be on sale again at the same price but it may have a lower price later. It might not go on sale again, it might not. I would go with how you feel about the price and game.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it true the sale starts this Thursday?

I'm having a rare moment where I'm okay game-wise. I don't feel the usual urge to splurge.

Two games I'd like are maybe worth waiting for later in the year, The Witcher 3 and Elite: Dangerous; and I suspect E:D will be one of those games that won't be on sale. We'll see.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

IDK when it will start, but I can say that the rumors are typically pretty accurate, so most likely

Witcher 3 looks decent enough to get, but I have a feeling the sale will be crappy. 

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

The mystery cards are dropping and the market suggests that it will start on June 11th :)

I have £35 worth of refunds due and a few more quid going spare but not really on the lookout for anything in particular. I have Arkham Knight (got it for £21 on GMG) coming on the 26th and still have a few more titles still to sift through. I always pick up a bargain here and there though. If The Witcher 3 drops to £35-40 I may pick that up. I'm also looking at Elite Dangerous and even ESO. It just feels I have everything I need but I'm still looking forward to seeing what the sale throws up. 

Should we attempt a code trade for game sin bundles we already own?