GTA V Crew (PS3) - Hierarchy Update Pg. 3

fucking catch up.....oh im not in last place anymore cos someone is miles behind me on the map

oh look they are going 2-3x as fast as me now and im last.....

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

Slipstreaming in this game is the dick, I really hate it. R* trying to hold everyone's hand online, it's ridiculous.

You either learn how to play the game or you lose, why should you get free wins for being able to creep behind me entire races!? Fuarrrk

Jesus lads. Just learn to swerve.

The cops do the exact same thing, they get behind you and ram the fuck out of you. The only way to stop it is to swerve.

Just hold brake, that normally fucks 'em

Sucks that you just can't be a good driver to win anymore but instead have to concentrate on ways to cancel out the noob boosts of other players...

Fecking hell Guys . Its a mechanic of the game. That actually happens to be in racing games. Stopping someone from doing it makes it challenging . Throwing the toys out of the pram over little things

Nah. You should have seen some of the races I was in. Wasn't even a race.

"3... 2... 1... GO

-Turbo headstart! Aww yeah I'm first, those noobs be stuck in a pile behind me for a long time! I'll just pedal to the metal on this straight road ahead, ain't no bitch gonna touch me!

Heey, why does my car slow down so much all of a sudden??

*WRROOOOM*

WTF was that? A jet?

- Haha I'm first now lolz, you slow bro? Trolololz

- No way dude! This is some BS!

*WRRROOOOOM*

- Ohai, never mind me! I'm just slipstreaming on the first dude to get first because it's my turn now lulz"

*A wild third car appears! It's super fast! Third car uses fishtail attack! It's super effective!*

*Car goes straight into a telephone pole to a full stop, everyone else pass you by*

- ; ___ ; "

Pretty much sums up most of my races.

I like it. It gives extra competition. Also, as said. It's in every racing game out there.

My opinion will not alter Palle! xD

But... This is not a racing game, it's GTA ._. I think catchup should be a handicap option for those who finish last all the time. It's OP.

They're races man. That section of the game is about racing.

Like the deathmatches section, is it OP that the other players can pick up more weapons, health and armour? No. It's properly balanced because you can too.

If someone is slipstreaming you in the racing section, just slipstream them right back.

8mSoOel.png

What bothers me is that it's too obvious, too powerful and it's something you can use all the time.

Obvious because it makes your car go so much slower, you just know "oh, someone is gonna pass me any second now". Let them have slip streaming but don't slow my damn car down, that's some lame ass sh*t seriously... They can still catch up with slip streaming anyway.

If I got to decide what to do with it, I would probably say:

Make it a less powerful. Gain full slipstreaming speed as an ability which will recharge based on how you avoid crashing or how you hit point markers.

Or maybe make it more subtle so you don't know exactly when you are doing it. If we are going with "this is realistic" then I would want it to be not so obvious with the jet engine-like sound and vapor trails behind the cars

I turn catch-up off; once you are a clear distance ahead of someone I believe it should stay that way. With that said though, I enjoy slipstreaming. It adds a different dynamic to the race, it makes it much more exciting in a close race in my opinion. Things such as moving side to side so they can't get a steady grip on you to slipstream as well as blocking them when they try to pass often help. 

Kia Ora.