Holiday World season begins!

Docwagon

As a few of you know, my family loves Holiday World.  HW is an amusement park in the southern part of our state.  This year they put in a new steel roller coaster called "The Thunderbird."  It is incredible.  The ride is so smooth its like you are sitting still and the world is moving around you.  The coaster is launched, so no slow clanky-clanky-clanky up a hill, you stay at a pretty steady speed throughout the ride.

It's a short ride, but sooo much fun.  I'm not even a big roller coaster fan and I liked this a lot.  Wooden roller coasters leave me feeling like I was in a boxing match and not doing real well, but the steel is smoooth.  I ended up riding twice, once on the left wing and once on the right.  My wife rode and liked it.  My son rode and it was too much for him.  I was proud of him for trying, very brave of him at 9, but it was not his thing at all.

I'm pretty well bushed after nearly 3 hour drive each way and 7 hours in the park, but I'll put pictures up in a bit.

Suffice it to say everyone had a great time, ate good food, and we got to visit our favorite Santa.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks awesome! I do love me some G forces. Going to Thorpe Park this year, can't wait. Haven't been to a proper theme park in years.

//On a side note, that vid you posted has some seriously impressive horsepower behind it. To render a ride like that in CGI, taking into account the physics involved, in such high quality, must take one beast of a machine.

banlol.png