Back on track (weight loss)

Drifter

You guys probably remember I started getting back in shape over the past 2 years and lost a bunch of weight. I managed to keep most of it off but had put a few lbs back on over the winter which is pretty normal. About a month ago I started back on the more strict diet and got back to walking a lot and getting out an exercising and have managed to drop another 20lbs in the past month now. That puts me at 154lbs total weight loss as of today. Started out at 400lbs and now weigh 246lbs (I'm 6' 5" tall). I'm getting really close to where I want to be I think. Probably going to try to get down to about 220lbs and stay there as my target weight. Should be there by mid summer most likely.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

242lbs this morning. 158lbs total weight loss. Getting ever so close to where I want to be. Few more days and I'll be in the 230's for the first time since I was 25 yrs old.

That's impressive Steve. Takes some guts and hard work to do that - good for you. Well Done!

Forum Signature Test.png

As of this morning I now weigh 230lbs. That makes it an exactly 170lbs total weight loss now. My original goal was to get down to 220lbs but now I'm thinking maybe going to 210lbs, not totally sure yet, but either way I'm really close to where I want to be I believe.

Steve,

From the pictures I would say that, for your height and build, you're probably at an optimum weight now. Maybe fluctuate between 225-235lbs (in the 16 stone range) for comfort. I think you have to be careful you don't lose too much otherwise you could end up looking gaunt but you're looking good now

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Mainly counting calories and staying away from things that are bad for you. Switched to whole grain bread from white bread, water with flavor drink mix rather than pop/soda, thin sliced turkey sandwichs replaced cheese sandwichIs, then for snacks I have things that are lower calories like pretzels and popcorn with imitation butter spray rather than things like high calorie chips. Basically just smaller portions of healthier foods.

Down to 225lbs now as of today. Total weight loss is 175lbs now. Been buying new clothes lately, some shirts are just a plain XL. Quite different than the old days of XXXXL. It's nice to be able to not have your shirt double as a parachute lol.

Nice job Steve. That's amazing. I've started working out and watching calories. Started two weeks ago. Lost seven pounds the first week. Haven't weighed this week. That's tomorrow. How many calories did you cut down to? I go between 1500-2000. 2000 on days I work out 1500 days I don't. I feel tons better though in just two weeks of no fast food or greasey foods.

Dude that is flippin inspirational, seriously.

You now weigh 5 lbs less than I do.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."