Oracle weapons for hard VoG

L_C_Scipio

If I don't have any VoG weapons (which I don't), what are some good weapons to use on the oracles at Atheon? I had my first taste of hard mode yesterday and was doing all right other than the fact that I couldn't seem to do enough damage to the oracles.

I've heard SGA is really good but that's the one bounty weapon I haven't been able to get yet.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite is my handy against all odds with field scout and surplus. Absolutely tears through then. The one exotic machine gun I heard is absolutely beast. You get all your ammo returned directly to your magazine. I forgot the name but you get it from the exotic bounty a voice in the wilderness.

High rate of fire and field scout weapons are your friend. Also an ice breaker can be a great reserve to switch to when out of ammo as it can save you a reload.

I go this route so i save all my heavy ammo for Atheon plus i have a full IB clip by the time my heavy clip runs out

That's Super Good Advice (SGA). I have an Against All Odds that I'll have to try out. Sadly mine doesn't have field scout though.

The field scout bumps my ammo to 60, which is plenty as long as the other person is also firing. If it's just you firing and your partner is slacking, that makes your job much harder. As stretch said, high rate of fire weapons are amazing here. Payback sos type weapons will do fine as backup to a heavy weapon.

I haven't tried it on oracles yet but the culling (LMG from FWC) has a scout perk so you can have 150 in a mag. I expect that will do some damage.

Dang, I'll have to check that out. I'm high enough rank in FWC for it. Thanks.

Super Good Advice is awesome... as long as you stay on target, you never lose ammo on oracles...:) also the VOC still works pretty well... and icebreaker in a pinch... corrective measure is pretty good as well...

Thanks. I tried my Icebreaker but it didn't seem to be doing much. I'm hoping SGA will be in my next set of exotic bounties.

Hopefully I'll acquire some VoG weapons soon. I really feel like they're going to give us a way to upgrade VoG stuff in HoW.

Run VoG normal until you get Corrective Measure, it was practically my favorite gun in the game. Heavy machine gun, laser accurate, tons of ammo, hits hard, and chews through Oracles and Minotaurs like their paper mache craft projects made by little Susie in kindergarten.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.