• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What level are you Rich?

I seem to remember being close to 20 but it has been a while since i've played and my memory ain't what it used to be  :lol:

I'll probably be on afternoon/evening Rich as the weather is supposed to be cr@p

Sweet, hope to catch you then

So what did we learn from our first Raid School:

1st chest is actually really easy

My internet sucks

It's always nice to see Stretch log on

Charlie now knows it's not as easy as it looks on YouTube

Everyone needs to be comfortable with the Relic, as aetheon can sense nervousness

Very entertaining night, thanks very much to everyone

Also Bob, a few of us couldn't hear or talk to you or Charlie properly - maybe internet or router problem as it's affecting both of you

Another thing, reduce the noobs/inexperienced players in the party to 2 at a time? I think at times we had enthusiasm but some of us lacked nous.

Special thanks to Captain Calm (Stretch) and RSM Techno for their patience!! :)

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Thoughts from last night, comms are real important first of all.

I think people who haven't run the raid or who have been dragged through parts and arn't sure about bits need to watch YouTube it will make it so much easier to get a grasp of.

Gary wapntake though he missed a few difficult shots did a sterling job at Templar.

But mostly the bugs were a real pain in the arse last night and probably the reason we didnt finish the second run.

Yep we had some Nat type disconnects , weird as I was still in the chat party and couldn't leave it.

When I have these problems it's also usually only in VoG never seems to be a problem elsewhere

Anyway reverted to a wired connection again (went wifi to get over some issue a while back but seems to have resolved itself). Hopefully that will help

Learnt some stuff on VoG though, Never new where left hidden oracle was til yesterday as I usually go right or centre. Also got a great spot where I can see 4 of the 6(?) oracle positions

I only joined part way through the first run last night. So big props for Gary for getting everyone as far as they'd already got.

General observaations is that there is too much of a pressure to do things right straight away. More time needs to be taken to understand the bits we are doing and if that means a few wipes then so be it. So long as it results in people understanding rather than just doing then it's time well spent.

Jumping puzzle is getting there with The new method. Listening to Gary last night was great. A really good understanding of where is and isn't neccessary to jump not only on the gap but on the ledge as well.

Surprisingly Gatekeeper phase was done without a wipe. Mainly down to taking our time. An experienced team can do this in a few minutes, but there is no shame in taking a bit longer to be sure and getting the same result.

In my eyes the biggest issue we have is listening. There were a lot of occasions ladt night where wipes/deaths etc.. could have been avoided if people listen. If the instructions aren't clear, that's cool, i'll repeat them as many times as needed. But just not listening to them just makes the whole thing harder than it needs to be

I hope everyone learnt something from last night as that is the important part. I'd quite happily do another run like last night to help people out

I learned a ton last night. Thank you for taking the time to sherpa me around.

That jumping section in VoG can eat me!

also I am going to take Ryans advice and work on maxing out my weapons as much as possible over the next few days.

I got another One Way Ticket this morning from Vanguard mail. Its arc based and it has Tracking on it, so thats three "Tickets" now all with different damage, so while I might not have Gjallahorn (sp), I think I am pretty set.

I also need to get my second warlock class maxed out, i never play it, but it would have helped when we were in CE

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Anyone around tomorrow late afternoon to help me and Charlie finish Aetheon off?

I will be on. I don't plan on watching the Super Bowl, so I should be on most of the afternoon and evening

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."