Total War: Warhammer

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a combination of turn based strategy (empire management,etc) and real time tactics for the battles. I've only ever played the first Rome but I loved it.

Civilization type stuff w/ real time tactics for battles?  I need to look into this more.  Those types of games have always interested me, but I've never been really into any of them.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

We still have Total War Attila next month coming out. Shame they botched up the release of Rome II but the Emperor Edition is supposed to be excellent so I may have to do a re-install. Can't wait for Warhammer - the Total War games at their best and by far the greatest strategy games on offer IMO. The mix of turn-based map management combined with real-time battles on a grand scale is just outstanding. Great way to sink 6 hours straight in a game :lol:

Civilization type stuff w/ real time tactics for battles?  I need to look into this more.  Those types of games have always interested me, but I've never been really into any of them.  

Its an awesome game, the strategy side works really nicely and the real time battles can be fantastic. My favourite was Medieval Total War, they got a bit more complicated after that

Its an awesome game, the strategy side works really nicely and the real time battles can be fantastic. My favourite was Medieval Total War, they got a bit more complicated after that

I have Civ 5 and really enjoy it, but it is a bit complicated for me.  I've barely touched the RTS genre since coming to PC.  It feels a bit overwhelming.  Maybe I'll give Medieval a try.  Thanks.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

I have Civ 5 and really enjoy it, but it is a bit complicated for me.  I've barely touched the RTS genre since coming to PC.  It feels a bit overwhelming.  Maybe I'll give Medieval a try.  Thanks.  

I recommend the old Total Wars Tommy if you want to give them a go. Agree with Bob about the games getting more complex in recent years. Total War Rome or Medieval are perfect games to get to grips with and despite them being older titles; they're the best in the series still for me. 

Warhammer is originally a fantasy tabletop game of armies from Games Workshop. They're also responsible for Bloodbowl and various Space Marine games. Plus an RPG magazine I used to read as a kid, White Dwarf.

Is it bad that I own played the computer version of Blood Bowl and didn't know it had anything to do with warhammer?  :lol: I'm gonna have to look into the lore...

Is it bad that I own played the computer version of Blood Bowl and didn't know it had anything to do with warhammer?  :lol: I'm gonna have to look into the lore...

Ha ha my mate Dom is never off Bloodbowl, if you ever want a challenge I'll give you his in game coach name :)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

How is Attila Jordie? 

I'm personally loving it. The new horde and migration system is meaning the campaigns are a lot less predictable. The battles are very fast paced due to the high number of cavalry so it's taking a bit of time to get used to. In my first campaign I took the Visigoths from Thracia over to southern Spain. The West Romans managed to overpower me and I eventually lost due to famine. I'm going to try a standard viking faction next to learn the game a bit better.

I'm personally loving it. The new horde and migration system is meaning the campaigns are a lot less predictable. The battles are very fast paced due to the high number of cavalry so it's taking a bit of time to get used to. In my first campaign I took the Visigoths from Thracia over to southern Spain. The West Romans managed to overpower me and I eventually lost due to famine. I'm going to try a standard viking faction next to learn the game a bit better.

Cheers! Definitely be looking to pick this up in the coming weeks. Seems to be much more solid than Rome II was at launch which is crucial for me. Been dying to get back into the series 

Cheers! Definitely be looking to pick this up in the coming weeks. Seems to be much more solid than Rome II was at launch which is crucial for me. Been dying to get back into the series 

I should warn you that I have been getting a few crashes, particularly after ending a turn. It should all be ironed out pretty quickly though.