Anybody want to help a rookie with the raid this weekend?

L_C_Scipio

Hi guys.

Haven't been around for a while, work and life and other dumb stuff keeping me away. Gonna try to drop in more often.

That said, I haven't yet had the Vault of Glass experience and wanted to know if anybody is up for being a tour guide this weekend or next. 9ish EST works best for me, today through Saturday or Fri through Mon next week (Dec 5-8).

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ill be up for raiding. For me, getting people through the raid for the first time is more rewarding than doing it with a group of veterans

Totally agree with you there Crispy. Although nothing quite tops that feeling on the first completion! Kinda like Destiny crack, always chasing that first high!!

10 should work. How long does it take you guys?

Also, few other questions:

I'm a lvl 28 Warlock; which subclass should I use? I prefer Voidwalker because I like causing mass amounts of death and destruction but I have Sunsinger maxed as well if that's better.

Is a certain type of primary best? My favorite is TDYK but I have a Shadow Price as well. My only exotic is Bad JuJu but I don't have String of Curses yet so it's kinda worthless.

Best secondary/heavy? Void damage is best?

How many ammo synths should I have?

Voidwalker would be good.  Void damage is preferred in the VoG. 

Whatever primary does the most damage.  TDYK and Shadow Price would both be good. 

Sniper for secondary.  Rock launcher or LMG for heavy is good.  Something with Void damage. 

Ammo... yeah, lots and lots of ammo. I'd say 5 of each type. 

http://www.primagames.com/games/destiny/tips/tips-and-tricks-prepare-vault-glass-destiny

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

I'm a lvl 28 Warlock; which subclass should I use? I prefer Voidwalker because I like causing mass amounts of death and destruction but I have Sunsinger maxed as well if that's better.

Is a certain type of primary best? My favorite is TDYK but I have a Shadow Price as well. My only exotic is Bad JuJu but I don't have String of Curses yet so it's kinda worthless.

As a warlock with both subclasses, I prefer sunsinger. I like voidwalker, but you're going to die in vault of glass. Having fireborn could alleviate a full wipe of all party members. Resurrect has saved my bumhole quite a few times making silly mistakes. Walk off a cliff? No problem, just Resurrect. You can't do that with voidwalker.

As for weapons, I would say shadow price. Decent sniper or even a void fusion rifle would tear through the enemy. Rockets before atheon and light machine gun during atheon.

When the relic holder turns on the bubble you can't shoot rockets, unless it's the raid rocket launcher. That's when having a light machine gun will be handy. Use sniper once the bullets are out switch to lmg.

Ps. Don't get nervous everyone is pretty cool. My first time took me 15 minutes for the jumping puzzle.

Everyone has different preferences. I would go TDYK personally. Maxed it will two shot Vex and Harpies. I am biased to hand cannons.

Any void weapon will help. Especially heavy for void damege. I use Voidwalker. Super and void grenades help a lot.

You will die,probably a good bit until you learn where to go and what to do. Communication is the key in the raid. Feel free to ask questions.

I prefer Voidwalker. Nev makes some good points about Sunsinger, but I prefer more aggressive play. Rather than resurrect, I'd rather nuke a pile of enemies before they kill me. Having Orbs of Light laying about is also incredibly helpful for the relic carrier and therefore, everyone. 

For weapons:

Primary: whatever you have that is max upgraded and you're most comfortable with. All types are equally effective. Now that I think about it, I've run through VoG with each class of primary at least once.

Secondary: Max upgraded sniper, doesn't have to be Void, this is for clearing out Hobgoblins. If you don't have a high octane sniper, then a Void fusion rifle would be good.

Heavy: Void LMG no question. I know some prefer launchers but I think they're a recipe for disaster. One misfire into the back of a teammates head or into the Templar's bubble and you're screwed. They're also not good at ammo conservation. With a Void LMG you can pull it and unload on a minotaur/praetorin just enough to drop its shield, then switch back to primary or finish it off with your heavy depending on ammo situation.

I'll be arriving home from vacation some time late Friday night, but I'd be available for Saturday and itching to get my game on.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Diddums runs raids really bad.....

I want in on one of Didds raids for the lolz....he can't be worse than me....no, hang on....I remember to do as you tell me!! :lol:  :lol:

Hey man you'll enjoy it, there's some top guys on here that have got a few of us through the madness, I still hate the jumping puzzle and always get lost.

I do think we need a UK friendly (time) raid run team sorting out.

All of this +1

I need another couple of pieces of raid gear so I'd like to jump on one over the weekend if possible....it'd be nice to get to L30 before the DLC drops

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Glad we were able to run you through it tonight Nolan. Plus one run through and you got a piece of raid gear. You did good. Real good for your first run. It gets easier every time now.

Thanks to everybody for letting me tag along! That was a lot of fun. I hope to do it again sometime when maybe I'll sorta know what the heck is actually going on lol.

Thanks to everybody for letting me tag along! That was a lot of fun. I hope to do it again sometime when maybe I'll sorta know what the heck is actually going on lol.

You did great for your first time, and you even scored some sweet gloves...:) it was fun running with you... You need to go again sometime!!!

DarthMaulTCW-IGN_zpshjlccuvn.jpg