Arkham Knight - In Game Footage

Sennex

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't played any of the Batman games.  Everyone says they're amazing, but I don't understand why.  They seem like they'd just be a linear Batman story, which doesn't really appeal to me.  What is it about them that makes them so fun/appealing?

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

I haven't played any of the Batman games.  Everyone says they're amazing, but I don't understand why.  They seem like they'd just be a linear Batman story, which doesn't really appeal to me.  What is it about them that makes them so fun/appealing?

You get to be the Gotdamned Batman!

But seriously, the stories are linear in that you have to accomplish X before doing Y, but in that regard GTA is Linear, so is Assassins Creed, and a ton of other games. You basically get a Sandbox environment and then you choose what to do and when to advance the story.

For the real Batman is amazing experience, you should try it out on "Easy" mode. Anything else is annoying once you get to the badguys with guns sections.

I didn't enjoy Asylum nearly as much as City. Origins was fucking horrible to be honest.

City is just badassed all around

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Preach! :lol:

I may give this a try. Thanks, Bart.

You should definitely pick up Batman: Arkham City - Game of the Year Edition on Steam when it's like $5-$10 and give it a whirl. You'll get to play as and upgrade skills for Batman and Catwoman. My buddy let me borrow it for 360 and I beat it but I had to buy it for PC and find myself still playing it on Steam. It's a goodin'! :)

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

I love the Batman games and I'm delighted Rocksteady have come back with this one. Origins was a decent effort by WB Games but it just didn't have that Rocksteady polish and style which made Asylum and City so bloody good! 

Arkham is going to look unreal in this game and with the staggering cinematics; it'll be just like playing in a movie B)

My answer also is, it's batman!

There's loads to do, lots to find, the combat is very good. It's easy to pickup but can be quite difficult to master, as button combos and timing are key.

The stories are actually interesting, like a TV show it makes you want to carry on looking for clues...

blackops2sig.jpg

I've had both Arkham GOTY games from a steam sale sitting in my library unplayed for ages, from what I read above I think it's time to play them. Enthusiasm is infectious :) and I'm easily led.

One question: KB&M or xbox controller?

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Hello, to derail this tread a little further I just saw bundlestars.com has a Batman Complete Bundle for $9.99! (PC - STEAM)

It includes Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition, Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition, Batman: Arkham Origins, Batman: Arkham Origins: Season Pass - DLC, Batman: Arkham Origins: Black Mask Challenge Pack - DLC, Batman: Arkham Origins: Online Supply Drop DLCs.

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/batman-complete-bundle/

I've been waiting for an Origins GOTY edition but this is a good deal! :ph34r:

Hello, to derail this tread a little further I just saw bundlestars.com has a Batman Complete Bundle for $9.99! (PC - STEAM)

It includes Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition, Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition, Batman: Arkham Origins, Batman: Arkham Origins: Season Pass - DLC, Batman: Arkham Origins: Black Mask Challenge Pack - DLC, Batman: Arkham Origins: Online Supply Drop DLCs.

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/batman-complete-bundle/

I've been waiting for an Origins GOTY edition but this is a good deal! :ph34r:

Cheers Joe! That's one hell of a deal

But seriously, the stories are linear in that you have to accomplish X before doing Y, but in that regard GTA is Linear, so is Assassins Creed, and a ton of other games. You basically get a Sandbox environment and then you choose what to do and when to advance the story.

For the real Batman is amazing experience, you should try it out on "Easy" mode. Anything else is annoying once you get to the badguys with guns sections.

I didn't enjoy Asylum nearly as much as City. Origins was fucking horrible to be honest.

City is just badassed all around

So apparently my problem with the Batman games is that I play them on hard, because I find them more annoying than enjoyable.  :wacko:

Question for the Batman experts, is his cringeworthy dialogue an essential part of the comic book character? Arkham City had some real groaners in it. Like, almost physically painful dialogue.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Question for the Batman experts, is his cringeworthy dialogue an essential part of the comic book character? Arkham City had some real groaners in it. Like, almost physically painful dialogue.

I didn't get that. I thought the voice acting was well done. What are some examples? Maybe Catwoman's dialog? Cuz Bats, Cobblepot, and Jedi Joker are pretty great.

So on the trailer I noticed a code while stealing screen caps from the video. Left side:

1002640_10153083088238890_46667127665483

Just read that there are actually 3 in the trailer and someone figured it out.

The codes translate into questions:

• Harley Quinn - "Her first line"
  • Poison Ivy - "Asylum sanctuary"
  • Scarecrow - "I will unleash"

Which have answers:

• Harley Quinn - "Yeah, right"
  • Poison Ivy - "Botanical gardens"
  • Scarecrow - "Your greatest fears"

And inputting those answers as codes at the Batman: Arkham Knight Website’s persons of interest page unlocks profiles for the associated character.

http://comicbook.com/2015/02/26/batman-arkham-knight-trailer-has-a-hidden-mystery/

Pretty cool!

New game footage.

"Our brand new extended gameplay video, Officer Down, is released today. As the citizens of Gotham flee and criminal gangs take control of the city, Batman uses his own special methods to discover the true purpose behind Scarecrow's plans.

We’re also announcing our new release date. Batman: Arkham Knight will be released worldwide on 23.06.15. Our studio head, Sefton Hill has released a statement, you can check it out here: https://community.wbgames.com/t5/Official-Announcements/Batman-Arkham-Knight-Releasing-June-23rd-2015/td-p/428306"

Dropping on my birthday :)