Lag compensation

J4MES OX4D

This has been the worst implementation in Call of Duty history and is ruining the games IMO. Theoretically it should have been a good idea to balance lobbies out so everyone is on a level playing field but the fact that connections are being manipulated in such a diluted way accomodate the weakest connection in the lobby and the core matchmaking is unreliable; it's just a complete mess and the lag is simply unbearable. It was introduced to eradicate host advantage but all lag comp has done is made one player with a bad connection sink everyone else in the lobby to a massive disadvantage. I'd do anything to go back to the single host days of MW2 where our own internet connection was responsible for our own success assuming the matchmaking was executed into a sensible locale. One player with an advantage is better than 11 others at a disadvantage. 

I was in a match earlier; ran a dream for myself and everyone else. One player departed and was replaced by this chap in Morocco; suddenly the connection sunk to oblivion yet it's not anyone's fault; probably not even his as he wasn't within a reasonable locale to be placed in our lobby but the affect his presence had on the game just turned it upside down to an appalling standard. 

Lag is really killing the fun in AW and making the game run extremely inconsistently. How is it faring on the PS4 and is it noticeable? 

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

sometimes it seems like it's against you, when you put enough rounds in someone to take down an elephant and they somehow kill me...

As a whole, it's really not bad on ps4 I don't think...

Thing that I don't Like is the latency bars on the scoreboard, even though I have a good connection now, and the game feels perfectly fine, when you bring up the scoreboard the bars are fluctuating a lot between the 3 bars for everyone in the lobby. Which makes me then thing all is not what it seems and something is going on...

blackops2sig.jpg

I also keep hearing about skill based matchmaking but no one seems to know of that's happening.

Ah the old 'skill-based matchmaking' which seems to be some overused PR spiel that I've never seen put into action. It's more of a myth now but every year the devs seem to promote it as a key feature despite it's non-appearance just like dedicated servers! 

So far (touches wood) the connection has been great. The odd lag spot here and there but considering the volume of people playing as it's release week it's nothing.

I think it's just easier to see the odd laggy moment in such a high paced game.

The main reason I hate Ghosts and wont buy AW. O, the wretchedness of having 320++ games in my PC Library(s) and AW not being one of them. :lol:

:D

The only CoD you all should be fucking with:

360px-Gadus_morhua_Cod-2b-Atlanterhavspa

Reminds me of this: 

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Many people are starting to see this screen now

advanced-warfare-problems1-620x360.jpg

Reminds me of the shitty old Treyarch days where the game is good but no fucker can seem to play!

Reaction to seeing this in the past...." Shit fucking shit "

Now "Phew back onto destiny"