Destiny 2 in the works.......

Sennex

Lets hope they don't forget to actually finish it 

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-2-in-the-works/1100-6423373/

Today during a post-earnings financial call, Activision Publishing CEO Eric Hirshberg revealed that development has started on the next "full game" in the Destiny series.

Speaking about the future of Destiny, Hirshberg said: "Work has also begun on future expansion packs, as well as on our next full game release."

A sequel to Destiny is not altogether surprising, given the fact that Activision Publishing has regularly maintained that it has a 10-year vision for the Destiny franchise. According to Activision, Bungie has a Lord of the Rings-sized narrative in mind for Destiny.

In addition, according to Bungie-Activision contract deals that emerged in 2012 called for multiple sequels to Destiny.

Earlier today, we learned that Destiny has 9.5 million "registered users" and that the average player is spending three hours in the game every day.

Activision did not share any further details about Destiny's sequel such as when it will be released or what new content and features it may include.

Asked for further details about the Destiny sequel, an Activision representative told GameSpot: "At Activision we are very pleased at the launch of Destiny and look forward to working with Bungie to expand the universe over the course of our 10-year relationship. We have nothing further to announce at this time."

What would you like to see from a Destiny sequel? Let us know in the comments below.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it's a full game. Not just half a story that makes you pay $40 to complete the story. But I'm thinking I won't be picking it up as its got some stiff competition. Next Fallout, Elder scrolls and Civilization. In my opinion, Fallout and elder scroll have had a much better story and game play. Oh I also forgot about mass effect, Dammit the future can't come faster.

But we all know the rpgs I listed have always had full stories and left us satisfied. I was not satisfied with Destiny. I've beat the game three times and have no clue as to what the story is. I know there's darkness approaching...Or I guess it already arrived and consumed earth? Just thinking about the story gives me a headache. All I know is that there's something called the darkness and we're fighting it.

When is the next fallout and Elder scrolls coming out? I have yet to see anything that wasn't a hoax (including the Fallout Boston thing)

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

When is the next fallout and Elder scrolls coming out? I have yet to see anything that wasn't a hoax (including the Fallout Boston thing)

I think we'll hear an announcement within a year that they are working on it. It should be in the works though. Both those franchises are money makers and they have a cult like following. It would be stupid not to make sequels.

Not surprising if they honestly expect the franchise to have a 10 year life span.

I just hope they learn lessons from the developmental mistakes on this iteration.

Great game, but could have been legendary. It'll take alot of work to bring back the customers they pissed off with this veraion

Do you think that many people have been that brassed of with it?

For sure. The Destiny forums were (and still are!) ripe with rage against the development process in the game. As always, alot of it is empty threats but there are also a good number of people who feel genuinely let down by Bungie/Activision

For sure. The Destiny forums were (and still are!) ripe with rage against the development process in the game. As always, alot of it is empty threats but there are also a good number of people who feel genuinely let down by Bungie/Activision

I won't lie, there are a few things that really irk me when I am playing this game, but for the most part it's all I want to play, and all I think about playing...:) here's hope to them fixing my issues...

DarthMaulTCW-IGN_zpshjlccuvn.jpg

I swear the Destiny forums are full of miserable people. They bitching constantly but yet still play. If I hated something as much as these people do I would just quit. I for one love this game. I think it had brought me into a new age of gaming. Yes there are tons of stuff that could of and ago of of been differently but we are also talking about a game backed and funded by Activi$ion. Why are people surprised

I swear the Destiny forums are full of miserable people. They bitching constantly but yet still play. If I hated something as much as these people do I would just quit. I for one love this game. I think it had brought me into a new age of gaming. Yes there are tons of stuff that could of and ago of of been differently but we are also talking about a game backed and funded by Activi$ion. Why are people surprised

I agree...:)

DarthMaulTCW-IGN_zpshjlccuvn.jpg

I don't think a forum for an MMO exists hat isn't populated by whiners and cry-babies.

Its the nature of the beast that the Vocal Minority generate so much volume that the regular players just stop going there. Its one of the reasons I found the MW2 forums back in the day

I think that that is part of it, but it does bother me that a portion of the next DLC is already on the disc and was found. That screams money grab to me

While I do like this game there are a ton of stuff that aren't fun. In example, low selection for armour, customization, and story is the biggest on my list. If you've beaten the game three times and still don't know the story, there's something seriously wrong. I think the black garden is the last mission? That's what bothers me. I feel like they have too many stories to tell and won't deliver them on the dlc. There isn't much information about factions. No information about the darkness, this I understand but they could have still delivered a better back story to the fallen, hive, cabal and vex. I know nothing about them except for the Cabal destroy planets and solar systems just for getting in the way. That part I liked but they could have followed it up with a funny cinematic.

However, I do like the mechanics and the scenery. The game is fun but they dropped the ball on the immersion experience. It's like playing call of Duty zombie. The game lacks a lot but offers fun mechanics.

Which screams Activi$ion

I agree

they learned their lessons well from Blizzard/ Treyarch/ IW

why release something finished when you can make more money raping customers

Whilst Destiny 1 is not a finished article from any stretch of imagination, the game is STILL groundbreaking. The idea of bringing different types of games together works because it gas something for everyone. They need to build on the successes like PvE but we have dlc to take it further.

Having said all this we all know they won't get a second chance to get it right in Destiny 2.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb