Red Bull $13m lawsuit

J4MES OX4D

Drinks brand Red Bull have been forced to pay out $13m to customers after they were sued by customer Benjamin Careathers for false advertising as the drinks 'did not give him wings' after a decade of drinking the product. 

The company will offer refunds of $10 for anyone who has purchased the drink in the US within the last 10 years and have promised to 'amend their advertising in future'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11155731/13m-lawsuit-proves-Red-Bull-doesnt-give-you-wings.html

I've seriously seen it all now! 

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I truly can not stand the way society is these days. So many people need to be bitch slapped  back into reality that is just makes my head spin. Now if you will excuse me, I need to file my lawsuit against Disneyland because it is not the happiest place on earth IMO so they owe me some cash. And maybe I'll stop off at KFC just on the off chance that I do not find it finger lickin' good, they may owe me something as well.

I'm done with this planet. Anyone want to start a colony on Mars with me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zWDa9NT88E

BLACK SABBATH LYRICS
"Into The Void"

Rocket engines burning fuel so fast
Up into the night sky they blast
Through the universe the engines whine
Could it be the end of man and time?
Back on earth the flame of life burns low
Everywhere is misery and woe
Pollution kills the air, the land and sea
Man prepares to meet his destiny, yeah

Rocket engines burning fuel so fast
Up into the black sky so vast
Burning metal through the atmosphere
Earth remains in worry, hate and fear
With the hateful battles raging on
Rockets flying to the glowing sun
Through the empires of eternal void
Freedom from the final suicide

Freedom fighters sent out to the sun
Escape from brainwashed minds and pollution.
Leave the earth to all its sin and hate
Find another world where freedom waits.
Past the stars in fields of ancient void
Through the shields of darkness where they find
Love upon a land a world unknown
Where the sons of freedom make their home

Leave the earth to Satan and his slaves
Leave them to their future in their grave
Make a home where love is there to stay
Peace and happiness in every day

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

It is hard to imagine that anyone who saw Red Bull's advertising slogan would actually believe the caffeinated soft drink "gives you wings", but in litigation-hungry America the claim has been officially falsified.

Benjamin Careathers, a regular consumer of the fizzy drink, sued the company for false advertising, arguing that after 10 years drinking Red Bull he neither had wings nor any enhanced athletic or intellectual performance.

According to the complainant, the Austria-based firm deliberately misled unsuspecting customers to spend millions of pounds on the premium drink in the hope of gaining an edge on their competitors.

And fearful of a costly and time-consuming trial, Red Bull was forced to settle the case out of court, pledging to refund $10 to any US customer who bought the drink since 2002 and agreeing to amend future advertising

He has a point. It's pretty clear he doesn't have enhanced intellectual performance :)