Wasteland 2

J4MES OX4D

Anyone been following this on Steam? It's finally released and is an old-school RPG inspired by the original and Fallout series. It was £39.99 in early-access but the full release has gone live at £29.99 which is weird but I'm seriously tempted. Looks a bit rough round the edges but the gameplay seems to have very good depth.

I took a punt on Wasteland 2 the other day and it's a brilliant game; even better than I was expecting. It's not the best looking title but it's incredibly addictive and fun to play. The story and missions are really enjoyable and the level of character building and customisation is really deep and detailed. Choices you make can have a massive impact on the narrative which adds depth in a genre which has become more linear and simple these days with the likes of Diablo 3. The turn-based battles are a bit ropey, unpredictable and sometimes frustrating but this is a minor complaint. Some battles rely on tactics and are thrilling to play and great to win. Everything else is very satisfying and fantastic to get hooked on.

It's not really a pick up and play game; it's complex, hard to master and requires a lot of thought on how to accomplish scenarios. There is lots of intertwining events across several locations and plenty of information on factions and people to take in but if you can absorb all of that and keep on top of your squad and the missions; it makes for a staggeringly detailed RPG.

A must buy if you're interested peeps! 

I took a punt on Wasteland 2 the other day and it's a brilliant game; even better than I was expecting. It's not the best looking title but it's incredibly addictive and fun to play. The story and missions are really enjoyable and the level of character building and customisation is really deep and detailed. Choices you make can have a massive impact on the narrative which adds depth in a genre which has become more linear and simple these days with the likes of Diablo 3. The turn-based battles are a bit ropey, unpredictable and sometimes frustrating but this is a minor complaint. Some battles rely on tactics and are thrilling to play and great to win. Everything else is very satisfying and fantastic to get hooked on.

It's not really a pick up and play game; it's complex, hard to master and requires a lot of thought on how to accomplish scenarios. There is lots of intertwining events across several locations and plenty of information on factions and people to take in but if you can absorb all of that and keep on top of your squad and the missions; it makes for a staggeringly detailed RPG.

A must buy if you're interested peeps! 

I'll probably pick this up in the future, there's too many games I want to play at the moment :/

I saw this going cheap this afternoon for £9.79 and thought I'd try it out. I've played for 4 hours already :o

Wow, Amazing deal Phil! It's a really addicting and absorbing game. I am only halfway through at 34 hours or so and have really had to tear myself away to have a break from it! 

I use G2A sometimes though it sometimes feels like a dodgy website :ph34r: It was the ranger edition with extra Wasteland 1 added as an extra.

I'm really enjoying Wasteland 2, I'm 5 hours in and I may be up late tonight.

You did a good review in steam by the way :)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I use G2A sometimes though it sometimes feels like a dodgy website :ph34r: It was the ranger edition with extra Wasteland 1 added as an extra.

I'm really enjoying Wasteland 2, I'm 5 hours in and I may be up late tonight.

You did a good review in steam by the way :)

I have a confession; I also got mine from G2A a few days after release for £13.79 I don't normally use sites like that but it was all legit thankfully! 

Have you reached Highpool yet? 

My first five hours or so was a practice run, to get the feel of the game and see what kind of stats I wanted for my rangers.

On this run I went to Highpool and had a fight with Jackhammer.... and I think that's as far as I got.

I've started a new run today (annual leave FTW) and I'm currently in the AG centre battling giant slugs ;)

This game is more dangerous than Civilisation.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

My first five hours or so was a practice run, to get the feel of the game and see what kind of stats I wanted for my rangers.

On this run I went to Highpool and had a fight with Jackhammer.... and I think that's as far as I got.

I've started a new run today (annual leave FTW) and I'm currently in the AG centre battling giant slugs ;)

This game is more dangerous than Civilisation.

Ooooh that's interesting! I did Highpool first on my playthrough but the AG centre first really changes parts of the game apparently.

Ooooh that's interesting! I did Highpool first on my playthrough but the AG centre first really changes parts of the game apparently.

I felt it more natural to go to Highpool at first but that's the beauty of doing a second 'proper this time honest guv' playthrough.

I'm more prepared on this run as I now know some basic things I didn't realise (e.g. you need demolition for some traps).

I wasn't going to admit that I also didn't bring Angela Deth with me on the first run. I'm paying a lot more attention to detail now  :lol:

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I felt it more natural to go to Highpool at first but that's the beauty of doing a second 'proper this time honest guv' playthrough.

I'm more prepared on this run as I now know some basic things I didn't realise (e.g. you need demolition for some traps).

I wasn't going to admit that I also didn't bring Angela Deth with me on the first run. I'm paying a lot more attention to detail now  :lol:

:lol: I actually considered restarting numerous times after making a few mistakes and bad choices but I decided to just play honestly and see where it goes. I'm still alive and so is my team 34 hours in :D