Updates & Hotfixes

L_C_Scipio

New patch, coming next week.

The 1.0.2 patch will go live next week, and includes several changes to the Cryptarch and Engram experience. These changes guarantee that Engrams will always decode into items at or above the quality of an engram.

Only Engrams that drop after 1.0.2 are subject to this change.

Cryptarch Changes 

Cayde-6 took the Cryptarch aside and showed him a sack of doorknobs. He decoded that mystery pretty quickly.

Legendary Engrams will always produce Legendary or better quality items, including Materials or Exotics

Rare Engrams will always produce Rare or better quality items

Rare engrams will have an increased chance to produce Legendary quality items

Activity Changes

Daily Heroics, Weekly Heroics, and Vanguard: Tiger Playlist activities will include Rare and Legendary Engrams in addition to their existing rewards

Item Changes

Ascendant materials have been promoted to Legendary to closer associate them with the gear they are used to upgrade

Legendary Engram items that exist in your inventory will be demoted to Rare quality when the patch goes live, so decode them while you can. But let’s be honest--even if you don’t, we all know they were blues already...

http://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12202

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

Mistakes? Not really a mistake. Just an influx of CoD kiddies who don't understand loot and RNG who whine all day(not you guys D: )

I like the current loot system, nothing wrong with it.

I don't mind the drops system. I don't like getting a legendary engram finally then get a damn green piece of equipment

Mistakes? Not really a mistake. Just an influx of CoD kiddies who don't understand loot and RNG who whine all day(not you guys D: )

I like the current loot system, nothing wrong with it.

Mistakes as in unintended exploits such as the loot cave and thrall farming. Some companies (Infinty Ward) would pretend their issues didn't exist.

The loot system while not a mistake per se, was poorly designed from a player psychology point of view. I have no problem with random loot systems at all, but I still think Destiny's implementation of it blows.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

One thing that does piss me off about random drops is after crucible games, you come top or just do well and get nothing, think I played 3 or 4 games yesterday and got nothing at all win or lose.

That's one of my biggest beefs with this game, the completely random pvp drops, they should give the top 3 players, or just first place player a guaranteed item.

It sucks doing work, getting first place and then getting no reward while the derp going 1-12 on your team gets a legendary engram >.> 

My theory is that Crucible loot drops are based on a hidden challenge/bounty system, so the guy at the bottom happened to complete one while you didn't. I've seen plenty of times where the top players got good stuff.

Wish this was the case. People are complaining because a lot of people are entering game and going afk but yet getting good items. Watch the scoreboard. Tons of people are doing it

Wish this was the case. People are complaining because a lot of people are entering game and going afk but yet getting good items. Watch the scoreboard. Tons of people are doing it

That tends to look like my score when I'm actually trying !! :)

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Patch 1.0.2 just went live

Update 1.0.2 - Patch Notes

Oct 1 2014

Created by Destiny Dev Team

Summary:

With this patch, we address some widely-discussed concerns with how Engrams are earned and claimed. Strikes have become more rewarding, and the rewards gained from them are more predictable. Also affected is the rotation of maps that appear in the Crucible.

Cryptarch

Legendary (purple) engrams will always produce a Legendary quality item or higher

Note: Legendary engrams that exist in your inventory will change to Rare quality items when the patch is applied. However, decoding these engrams will still produce the same results as beforeRare (blue) engrams will always produce a Rare quality item or higher

Chance for Legendary gear increasedMaterials: Ascendant Shards and Ascendant Energy promoted to Legendary quality (from Rare quality)

Rewards

Rare (Blue) and Legendary (Purple) Engram drops added to the potential rewards for:

Vanguard: Tiger Strike PlaylistDaily Heroic Missions (first time per day)Weekly Heroic Missions (first time per week)Known issues

When selecting a higher difficulty for daily missions, XP Bonus not show in the reward displayYou will still get the XP bonus, you just won't see it in the UI

Crucible

Reduced time limit on Bastion and First Light in Control and Clash from 15 to 12 minutes, bringing them in line with non-vehicle maps in those playlists

Lowered weighting on Bastion and First Light in Control and Clash so they appear less often in those playlists

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

From Bungie.net

The most recent hotfix (1.0.2.2) for Destiny goes live on October 14th. This hotfix includes a number of changes to weapon balance across archetypes (e.g., lowering Auto Rifle effectiveness and increasing Scout Rifle damage output), specific weapons (Vex Mythoclast and Pocket Infinity) and includes a number of fixes to issues with the Templar encounter in the Vault of Glass.

We're still working on a larger update which will address under-performing Exotics and overall class balance.

General

Fixed a bug where the Valkyrie-O5X Ship was the same as the Aurora Lance

Classes

Titan

Unbreakable: Fixed an issue with the perk granting more agility than intended

Warlock

Brimstone: Perk can now activate if player is airborne

Weapons

General

Fixed some issues related to quick weapon swapping

Auto Rifles

Base Damage decreased by 2%

Reduced Precision Damage multiplier from 1.50 -> 1.25 (head shot bonus)

Stability decreased by 4% - 17% (driven by stat value)

Hand Cannons

In-air accuracy now increased

Scout Rifles

Base damage increased by 6%

Damage vs. Combatants increased by 6% - 25% (based on tier)

Improved target acquisition, plus additional recoil tuning.

Shotguns

Decreased base damage at maximum range (falloff) by 20%

Shot Package Perk now has a slightly wider cone of fire

The Rangefinder and Shot Package perks are now mutually exclusive

Exotic Weapons

Vex Mythoclast

Base Damage decreased by 34%

Increased Precision Damage multiplier from 1.25 -> 1.50 (headshot bonus)

Pocket Infinity

Enhanced Battery Perk has now been replaced with the Speed Reload Perk

Perks

Metal Detector: Fixed a bug that prevents this perk from actually providing additional ammo

Lightweight: Fixed a bug that allowed additional agility to apply even when a weapon was stowed

Activities

Strikes

Engram rewards from strikes now appear in the post-game Activity Summary

Raid - Vault of Glass

Templar Encounter

Kill volume added to sniper platforms to prevent players from sitting on top of them

Relic is now removed and respawned if the holder leaves the playable area

Destinations

The Fallen have also retreated from their hold over the Rocket Yard to discuss a new takeover plan

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE