Idea for the future

tronic44

As this site will be hopefully growing considerably over the next few months i thought it would be nice, at some point in the future, to give a little back (not saying that people don't give back but you get me) What better way to give back, than by playing computer games!

A while back we talked about getting a few of us together and running a 24hour live stream in aid of Special Effect, unfortunately this never went ahead, due to many reasons. As this site grows i'd love for us to get together, with new users, and make it an event that we host each year. 

I don't see this as something that will happen straight away but more something we can plan to do in the future. I know the site is going through change and it's not the best time for this but i just wanted to get an idea for how many people would be up for getting involved?

I'll leave a couple of links for charities that we could look into

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?

http://www.specialeffect.org.uk/

http://www.gamesaid.org/

We don't have to stick to charities that are based around computer games, we can raise money for many different charities with our gaming.

(Not sure if this is the best section to put this in but please move if not)

I'm not sure what's involved in all that, setting up and such... But if we can help someone whilst doing what we already love doing anyway, then it's a great idea...

Someone may aswell benefit from all the gaming we do!

Exactly dude, hopefully if/when this site grows even bigger then we can have events each year, both in UK/Europe and America. I've got nothing to do at work today so i'm going to look into it, so in the future i at least know what's going down. I'll post everything in here just so i have a record of it.

Excellent rich! Good many for rejuvenating this. I think it will do well with Destiny and Advanced Warfare on the horizon. 

www.manutd.com is a charity in dire need also ;)

Exactly my thought behind it but i'd also like to take it back old school. If i can figure out a way to stream mega drive games as well, then during the 24hour stream, we'd literally stream every console we can. I've basically got everything except the ability to stream old consoles but i know there's a way.

:lol: cheeky bastard, we won 7-0 this morning in America  :D

Right i've had a good old look today and it all seems pretty easy to set up, combined, i think we'll have all the hardware and software we need for streaming newish consoles (anything with an HDMI port). For consoles like the snes and N64 etc it should be fairly easy and you can use a simple piece of hardware that you'd use to get footage of VHS or old school cameras. The same with the Mega Drive but i'd also need to get an aerial to composite adapter. All these could be plugged into a splitter so we'd just have to flick a switch to change consoles.

If this all goes ahead, then this set up will be the greatest ever!

Consoles which i own

Mega Drive 16-bit

Snes

N64

PS3

PS4

Xbox360

Consoles which i don't own but would like to use

PC (obviously not a console but PC games would be great to stream)

Game Cube

PS1

PS2

Xboxone

Wii

One of the biggest decisions will be the games as we'd want to keep them varied and exciting, obviously online games would be easy to stream and would keep it exciting but doing a run through of Streets of Rage or something like that would be wicked....or at least to me.

I don't want to jump the gun at all but i think this event would be a reasonable one to aim for

http://www.specialeffect.org.uk/gameblast

That'll give us a good 6 months to let the site grow more and allow for preparation for the event. 

What ever happens i'm sure we can get enough of us together to make this work!