Fathers day plans?

Sennex

Thanks. I'm a lucky person, I can honestly say my Dad was as good a Dad as anyone could ever want. He was honest, caring, smart, talented, and loved his family more than life itself, and made sure we knew it every day. Next month will be 18 yrs since we lost him, but I still think about him almost daily.

I think I know now.

I'll invite my dad and his wife for dinner and BBQ up something. I use to go fishing or golfing with him, but he's diabetic and 75 years old so there isn't too much gas left in the tank unfortunately.

My son will be re-certifying his CPR that day and my daughter will be getting ready for final exams. So I'm not expecting much from them.

Before my dad comes I be working on repairing our basement. We had some flooding this winter due to a faulty platon membrane and a saw cut on the basement window that we were not aware of. I already replaced dry wall  and did the mudding. I'll probably be painting and replacing the damaged cork floor that was there. I'm not complaining. I like doing that kind of stuff. I'm not exactly in Drifter's league but being able to fix the stuff the you care about is therapeutic to me. 

I want to draw him something, something from the bottom of my heart...

But he's been in jail so long, I don't really remember what he likes :(

Maybe I'll go visit him...It's a really far drive, but...yeah, I think I'll do that.

DM9ON.png

So here are my Father's Day plans. Typing something up to you guys.

"My job is done, you're 18 now." That was the last thing my father said to me before he left.

I've been apart of this community for many years now.

When I did have a father he wanted nothing to do with me and he never treated me right. I've spent more time with you guys on the internet, then I did with someone that was physically around. You guys have made not having a father much easier. I'm in a clan with mostly men and a lot of them are fathers. So thanks for the words, the advise, and for just plain caring about me. It means more then you will ever know. I've gone through so much since I was 18 and if it weren't for you guys, I don't know how I could have gotten through it.

I hope you guys have a great day with your fathers or celebrating the greatness of who your father was. And if you're like me, you have plenty of father figures here, and that's something to be thankful for.

If my father ever ends up reading this:

middle_finger_drawing.jpg

tumblr_m2ienvKRMM1qfbvj1.gif

We dont really get together for fathers/mothers day I rang my dad, my kids texted me but my step daughter put this on Facebook

2014-06-15%2019.32.09_zps16oskleu.png

I planned to go out on the bike with a couple of other fathers I work with but weather put paid to that.

So spent day gaming and watched one of the best bike races I've seen..moto go was epic.