The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Quen sign is very overpowered. If you get surrounded hold the shield in place. It will blow up and stagger everyone around you. This gives you enough breathing room to continue attacking. I put ability points in the active shield which is the second level of quen. When enemies attack your shield it gives you health. You get full health very quick!

I maxed out the first fast attack and now I'm going for the second level. I find myself always using gas attack and never heavy.

The Axii upgrades make a huge difference. Makes it much safer to use in the middle of battle. Without the upgrades, Axii is slow to cast and enemies charge you while you're casting.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

You can use axii on your horse to lower her fear level.

Mounted combat is very strong. Hold the attack button down to slow time and connect for a instant kill.

Although I'd like to send roach to the glue factory most of the time.

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

Level two Axii upgrade is amazing as well. You hold Axii to charge. Use it on an opponent and he will become a temporary ally. While he fights his brethren you attack from behind.

Going to a town and picking treasure maps can yield some awesome rewards. Those treasure maps are mostly for Witcher gear to craft but you will also run across plenty of loot chests filled with goodies.

If on a coast, look for distant islands. These generally have sunken treasure around them or a possible quest that will lead to treasure.

Find as many seashells as possible. You can dismantle them for a black pearl. This can fetch a really nice reward or can be used for crafting.

When crafting a bomb or potion, you only need to craft it once. After that you can use it and replenish the supply when meditating.

Don't be scared of anything 4-5 levels above you. It will take them three swipes to kill you but with the right attack combos you won't get hit. Quen is the key here. But make sure it's not a huge monster. Those things don't flinch when quen explodes.

I didn't know you could charge Axii O,o, or is that the alternate mode?

JSyn, how dare you say such things about Roach!

I have yet to come across anyone selling a map, but will be sure to pick it up. Where can I get saddlebags, anyone know?

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Usually merchants. You'll find a 30 and 70 in Velen. And if you get to skellige there is a merchant that sells a 100 one. I forgot the name of the town but I'll let you know tonight. I don't think you can go to skellige just yet.

The 70 one is in Novigrad.

Edit: you have to unlock the second tier of Axii to be able to turn them into an ally. This is huge when you come to a situation where there is like 6 guys that are higher level then you. Make one an ally and run back. They'll kill him and do it again to the next and etc.

Make sure you complete witcher contracts as well. Those are killing specific monster like a Griffin. They usually have amazing loot in the end and you can take their head as a trophy. This gives little perks like 5% gold, 5% experience and etc.

Lol. Fucking Microsoft. My Win 7 laptop got some routine updates and now there's a learn about Win 10 icon in my system tray that won't go away. Fuck you. At least I have the wherewithal to figure out which update it was and uninstall it, but how many thousands are now staring it wondering why it's there and what to do. They're so freaking arrogant, I love when shit goes horribly wrong for them.

/if only the software I use was available on Linux. *sigh*

Lol. Fucking Microsoft. My Win 7 laptop got some routine updates and now there's a learn about Win 10 icon in my system tray that won't go away. Fuck you. At least I have the wherewithal to figure out which update it was and uninstall it, but how many thousands are now staring it wondering why it's there and what to do. They're so freaking arrogant, I love when shit goes horribly wrong for them.

/if only the software I use was available on Linux. *sigh*

Had something similar with my Win 8 laptop. Routine updates included "Click here for free update to 8.1" *sigh* yep clicked it and multiple hours later got it back to 8.0 so my work software would run again. I check every update against the MS Knowledge database prior to installing now

/seconded for MS fails

// and also for Linux "if only"....would be worth relearning and educating myself.......but there's also MS wife to consider! :)

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Problem: I just finished a witcher quest after killing a tough monster. I'm running to claim my prize. I should have meditated to gain some life but I'm too excited for it. Nothing on the way that will take off the quarter of my life I had left. I'm running, have my witcher sense on to make sure no enemies ahead. I fall off the edge and drop a good 10 feet. I panicked as I fell. I died =( had to redo the mission.

Solution: should have hit the jump button before hitting the ground. You do a roll and don't lose as much health.

Solution 2: Save often.

Solution 3: don't fall.

It seems, no matter how many games one plays, one must always be reminded the hard way that one should save more often.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-16410-The-Witcher-3-Free-Gwent-Deck-DLC-and-New-Quest-Out-Now.html

Paragraph:

This week's pair of free DLCs for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt are now available, adding new Gwent cards for your burgeoning deck with the 'Ballad of Heroes' Neutral Gwent Card Set, and a new quest called 'Fool's Gold', illustrated as a big stone pig in the artwork below, for some reason.

While the new quest is self-explanatory, the new Gwent cards include alternate versions of The Witcher 3's main heroes, including Geralt of Rivia, Triss Merigold, Yennefer of Vengerberg, Dandelion, Zoltan Chivay and loads more.

And Gwent completionists will be pleased to know that update 1.04 is available now, patching in cards you may have missed at the White Orchard tavern near Woesong Bridge. You can now purchase them from the merchant there.

Grab this week's two free DLCs for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt now. Because, well, why wouldn't you? They're free.

End paragraph.

About a hour in and Wow. This is my type of game. So much to explore.

You have no idea lol. I just finally reached the boss after three weeks of epic battles. Well I haven't reached him yet but I think I'm on his trail.

You're going to love the story and all the characters.

Try not to skip over gwent. There's a few quests down the road that need you to have a good gwent deck, but they're totally optional. Btw, gwent is the card game within witcher 3. It's a lot of fun.

Whenever you reach merchants that sell the cards, pick them up.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

You have no idea lol. I just finally reached the boss after three weeks of epic battles. Well I haven't reached him yet but I think I'm on his trail.

You're going to love the story and all the characters.

Try not to skip over gwent. There's a few quests down the road that need you to have a good gwent deck, but they're totally optional. Btw, gwent is the card game within witcher 3. It's a lot of fun.

Whenever you reach merchants that sell the cards, pick them up.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Yea I played my first game. Have no idea what I was doing ;)

Beat the game last night. It was epic!

Only thing that sucks is you can't start a new game on harder setting with your current character. I'm 33 now, so I have to push to 35 to get the achievement, then start a new game on the hardest difficulty. I put my current game on the second hardest to test it out, it isn't too bad. Quen is a life saver.

Next play through I will get all the stones that grant ability points before delving into the main story. Not going to put any point in Arden. I will only put points in the first yrden.

So I will level Axii, quen then ingni.

Then fast attack and adrenaline gain.

Though I may not go past the second fast attack and stack the rest of the points in alchemy. I heard you will be using lots of potions on the hardest setting.