BO2, why the 556 rifle?

Docwagon

So I've maxed out prestige/attachments xp bonuses for the MTAR, type 25, M8A1, AN-94, and am getting close on the FAL.  I wanted to try a new AR for the xp, and that leaves me with the MSR, M27, and 556.

Is there any reason to use the 556?  The delay between bursts seems to kill this gun.  The M8 fires faster and is also a one burst kill up close.  The FAL is easier to spray with in a panicky up close situation and is a 2 shot kill, plus easier to hit targets at a distance with...so what's the point of the 556?

I can't think of one.

I have tried it a few dozen times now, and the pause between shots kills it for me, you have to be dead on every time or its over.

At least with the FAL its dependent on my old ass reflexes.

Still though, I do love how the 556 looks LOL

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I actually wrecked face with the 556. My first gold gun if I recall.

I play a defensive style though, long to medium range engagements.

I would put select fire on for close range maps though.

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

I can barely remember any of the guns in BO2 even though it was barely a year ago I was playing relentlessly :lol:

The semi auto/burst weapons are amazing in HC mode. The Swat 556 seemed painfully garbage in Core but it wrecks in HC. Basically any gun you're not liking is worth taking into the HC playlists to unlock the goodies.

Yea, I absolutely love the Peacekeeper, it is my go to weapon.

EoTech with U reticle

Foregrip

Folding Stock (or whatever its called)

man, I had 3 classes with just different perk setups for that thing. LOVED IT

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

It used to be really REALLY good before 3ARC patched the sh*t out of it.

Now it's your average, everyday burst fire.

Still though, it's a very good looking gun.

That's usually enough for me to use it.

Also, it's a noob-chewer in Full Auto mode.

DM9ON.png

It used to be really REALLY good before 3ARC patched the sh*t out of it.

Now it's your average, everyday burst fire.

Still though, it's a very good looking gun.

That's usually enough for me to use it.

Also, it's a noob-chewer in Full Auto mode.

I thought they buffed it. I got it gold and a week later they buffed it. Only nerf was to full auto

But remember, you also thought the Sexecutioner was day-old dung. ;)

No way, the Executioner is week old dung that's been rained on and is getting moldy. :P

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

No way, the Executioner is week old dung that's been rained on and is getting moldy. :P

Pffft, long barrel + speed loaders (quick mag) and your GTG.

Anyway, I'm playing core.  HC sucks without a team to help you get oriented when the spawns flip, etc, and who won't keep a stream of UAVs up.

Dat .mold is deadly tho

Pffft, long barrel + speed loaders (quick mag) and your GTG.

I like using it with Long Barrel and Laser Sight.

2 shots usually does it the way I use it, maybe 3 if they're far away.

Getting 1hks is also very attainable.

Do you have it gold yet, doc?

I tell ya, no other gun is as satisfying getting gold or as sexy-looking while gold as the Executioner.

Jsin is just jealous his feathered fingers can't use it effectively ;o

DM9ON.png

I remember the worst part of his career was getting gold Executioner, too ;o

I never used it post-buff, but I'm sure it still sucks 3-toed sloth balls. I may need to fire up the PVR because I have footage of me shooting a guy in the back of the head point-blank and getting nothing but hit markers. IIRC the follow-up shot didn't kill him either. That's not lack of skill or lag, it's just the terribly inconsistent nature of the Executioner. As a sidearm, meh, whatever, (though I think dual KAP40s are 10x better in close quaters), but trying to use it as your one and only weapon is a nightmare of frustration. I realize that it's not intended as a primary, but that doesn't change the fact that every other pistol is better at it. (IMO of course)

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

I never used it post-buff, but I'm sure it still sucks 3-toed sloth balls. I may need to fire up the PVR because I have footage of me shooting a guy in the back of the head point-blank and getting nothing but hit markers. IIRC the follow-up shot didn't kill him either. That's not lack of skill or lag, it's just the terribly inconsistent nature of the Executioner. As a sidearm, meh, whatever, (though I think dual KAP40s are 10x better in close quaters), but trying to use it as your one and only weapon is a nightmare of frustration. I realize that it's not intended as a primary, but that doesn't change the fact that every other pistol is better at it. (IMO of course)

It's basically a pocket-sized Saiga now.

If you treat it like it that, it's your best friend.

I even, because I'm crazy, carried a silenced Executioner with my LMG class, because silent deaths farts worked great with the caught-with-your-pants-down-in-CQC nature of Light Machine Gun classes.

My road to gold Executioner was a blast...It was my primary, and it was probably the best time I had in BO2 (and I liked BO2 quite a bit).

Hnnnnng, now I wish Ghosts had a shotgun pistol....

DM9ON.png