white Russians

Chookes

These are the approved Manly Mixed Drinks for Men

Cold weather:  The Old Fashioned

Warm weather: The Tom Collins

Wild card:  The Whisky Sour

Anything else should be sipped with your pinky daintily extended while discussing if your new thong will chafe if you hit the dance floor one more time.

I enjoy a Tom Collins. Great cocktail, very refreshing.

Whisky Sour is a joke. If you're calling it "whisky" sour then you're referring to the Scottish whisky. These should not be enjoyed in a cocktail. They are enjoyed with either water (not my taste), ice (my taste) or straight (if there isn't any ice).

Just finished a bottle of the following recently:

glengoyne14yearoldms.jpg

I had to google Old Fashioned. Whisky based cocktails should be forbidden. Bourbon on the other hand tastes much better in a cocktail.

Bourbon whisky is the only kind in my house.  I guess living in Kentucky for years rubbed off.  I never buy 'good' bourbon, why bother if you're just going to mix it?  Old Granddad works just fine.  When I was drinking hard liquor straight, it was usually tequila.  I don't know why, I just picked up a taste for it in the Army.  It seemed like most guys in the barracks drank tequila or rum, and I've yet to find a rum that didn't taste like someone rubbed a coconut on a hobo's feet and then juiced it into a bottle of rubbing alcohol. 

I've tried the Maker's Mark select and a few middle-upper types for straight whisky and just never got into it.

Oh, and I don't know that it officially counts as a mixed drink, but a hot toddy (honey, not sugar) if you're sick is acceptable.

From all the comments I'd figure Chookes as a Tequila Rose Strawberry Cream and milk man :lol:

Never had a White Russian. Kahlua and milk is ok.

These are the approved Manly Mixed Drinks for Men

Cold weather:  The Old Fashioned

Warm weather: The Tom Collins

Wild card:  The Whisky Sour

Anything else should be sipped with your pinky daintily extended while discussing if your new thong will chafe if you hit the dance floor one more time.

All of those have fruit in them. If it was rum they'd be a daquari. :lol: I'm not into gin but I am down with the Collins clan. (John Collins, Kevin Collins, Michael Collins, Harry Collins) And did you forgot a Mint Julep. I had a Woodford Reserve Mint Julep the other day it was very good. I :wub: Bourbon; never had Old Granddad but would try. Some people are snobs but I like Wild Turkey.

This post is sponsored by Zantac ^_^

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg